Annoying niggles V5

StGeorgeX

These have been driving me mad recently so any help will be greatly welcomed:

1) Every time I turn the engine over the nearside mirror moves and has to be repositioned. Once in position I reprogram the position but it still does it next time :shrug: The only way I have managed to solve this is to go through the routine of fold in mirrors when I leave the car, then when I need it again turn on ignition, unfold mirrors then turn the engine over while the mirrors unfold. This stops it but is irritating

2) The one touch window down is completely random as to when it functions. Up always works but not down :censored:

3) Radio signal (Aura with 6 disc changer) is cr@p and as a result my iTrip doesn't work very well. May fork out and get an Icelink unless there is a simple solution...

Apart from these things I'm enjoying a comfy ride and lots of gadgets to play with. Has anyone upgraded their lights to HID Xenon's? I'm planning on doing it as I prefer the light they emit...

Cheers for any help

Stubill

Swine Bird !
Aug 13, 2002
The New Forest
Visit site
[1) Every time I turn the engine over the nearside mirror moves and has to be repositioned. Once in position I reprogram the position but it still does it next time :shrug: The only way I have managed to solve this is to go through the routine of fold in mirrors when I leave the car, then when I need it again turn on ignition, unfold mirrors then turn the engine over while the mirrors unfold. This stops it but is irritating

Sounds like it is the key fob which is paired to the mirrors which is overdiding the setting each time, have you re-set the key fob to your mirror & seat position ?

2) The one touch window down is completely random as to when it functions. Up always works but not down :censored:

The convienience unit gets reset if the battery has been disconnected for example. If I recall correctly you press and hold the down switch, window goes down, but keep holding the switch a couple of seconds after the window has finished opening to set it to auto roll down mode.

stuart_hatch

Poor Student
Aug 28, 2005
Glasgow
Yeh, ive had that problem with the windows hold the window switch either up or down (cant remember) for 5 secs and that should re set the windows

As for xenons, ive fitted them and they make a hell of a differnce

StGeorgeX

Cheers for the replies guys.

Stubill - is there a way of resetting the key fob without a dealer visit??

stuart_hatch - Having had xenon's on a couple of cars now I can safely say they look much better and seem safer too with better vision. Did you get some cupra hid units? That was my plan.

Stubill

Swine Bird !
Aug 13, 2002
The New Forest
Visit site
Stubill - is there a way of resetting the key fob without a dealer visit??

Yep. Should be covered in the manual. Basically you set the seat and mirror settings then pair it with the key fob. I think there is a set proceedure (can't remember off hand) like once you have the seat and mirrors set you press one of the fob buttons to pair it up.

Idea being that if more than one person uses the car, they use different key fobs and store individual setting to the fobs to avoid having to change the seat and mirrors every time.

Cheers.

StGeorgeX

Thanks Stubill will give that a go and next time RTFM d'oh.

Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.