Annoying rattle...help needed please.

hertssjc

Jun 18, 2012
Hemel Hempstead, Hertfordshire
I have a 2018 Ateca Excellence. I have noticed a rattle/knocking sound that i initially thought was the passenger seat belt knocking against the plastic trim. I quickly ruled that out and then removed everything from the passenger door bin and the glove box, unfortunatekly it's still happening. Does anyone have any ideas what it could possibly be?

Reactions: Gazinet

Tell

Staff member
Rattles can sound as if they are coming from somewhere else at times. If it's really the door you would have to have the trim removed and check. May be something has dropped off a component in there. Try holding the glass if you got some movement there. Depends what your trim removals skills are like.

The speakers are resin glued in these days, possible one could have pop of its lug causing a rattle may. Just an idea.

Last edited:

hertssjc

Jun 18, 2012
Hemel Hempstead, Hertfordshire
Rattles can sound as if they are coming from somewhere else at times. If it's really the door you would have to have the trim removed and check. May be something has dropped off a component in there. Try holding the glass if you got some movement there. Depends what your trim removals skills are like.

The speakers are resin glued in these days, possible one could have pop of its lug causing a rattle may. Just an idea.
Many thanks, still in warranty so will pop it back to the dealers.

Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.