Annoying

kreamo

Has anyone on here had a problem with an annoying knock on auto boxes, mine over the last couple of weeks has a tendency to knock quite harshly when it is engaged in 2nd and as i take my foot off the accelerator to slowdown. It also seems that it doesn't want to perform this trick in company of a technician for it to be sorted out. Am i going mad!!!! please tell me someone else has had this problem.:help:

robint

Apr 12, 2006
UK, Essex
DSG or Tiptronic on petrol?? Sport or Drive engaged or in manual hold mode??

My Tiptronic on 2.0FSi engine is fine at 23k miles.

Check for men in white coats.........

goodwill

I bring good news, I have just had the same problem since July on my 2.0 tdi DSG. The stealer in Cambridge could not find a fault on three seperate visits there suggestion was to let it develop more so diagnosis would be easier. Anyway travelling up the M1 this week the knocking developed to a loud banging and left me stranded, duly got recovered to my local stealer in derby who knew that it was the CV joint that had worn on both sides !!! apparently this is common on cars at about 50k. 48hrs later car returned good as new with a quiet gearchange. :)

kreamo

Do you know how happy i am to hear that someone else has had his problem. Mine is a 2.0 dsg diesel. I was also advised to let the knock get worse so that it can be diagnosed only thing is i don't one be stranded in the cold with 2 little one's.

It only occurs when the car is cold and now knocks in 3rd as well as 2nd it does the noise regardless whether it's in sport, tiptronic or manual mode and only when i take my foot off the accelerator to slow down without applying the brakes.

thanks for the replies guys keep them coming as i feel that i have lifted a load off my shoulders.:)

kreamo

goodwill do you know what a don't think it is the cv joint as the knock does not occur when i'am turning mate it only occurs in astraight line when lifting my foot off the pedal :confused:

Richie D

May 24, 2005
Shropshire
I bring good news, I have just had the same problem since July on my 2.0 tdi DSG. The stealer in Cambridge could not find a fault on three seperate visits there suggestion was to let it develop more so diagnosis would be easier. Anyway travelling up the M1 this week the knocking developed to a loud banging and left me stranded, duly got recovered to my local stealer in derby who knew that it was the CV joint that had worn on both sides !!! apparently this is common on cars at about 50k. 48hrs later car returned good as new with a quiet gearchange. :)

I would agree with this after I've had 'Front and rear drop links' and a track rod end replaced. Its still not quite right though. This is on a 2.0 TDI manual btw.

Rich

kreamo

Check this out: took it it to the stealer this morning they heard the knock after aproximately 2 hours they rang me up and said we do not know what the problem is and will have to inform seat UK about the knock in order to get some advice as to what it is this be, could take 48 hours.:censored:

As well as that upon walking through the front door i picked up a letter from the DVLA which stated that i have declared the vehicle off road upon making telephone calls i discovered that the dealer had done this :censored:Now i am off the road untill this is sorted

What the :censored:is going to happen next.

kreamo

Just to give you an update the car has been at the garage for a week and a half they have ordered a new gear box and can not give me a time as to when this gearbox will arrive. The customer service from the dealer and even the seat uk lot is :censored:

when this :censored:car is eventually returned to me it will be straight down to another dealership brand for a p/x.

seat uk and the dealers are a bunch of :censored: i have never come accross people not knowing when a major part would be delivered and apparently it's not even coming from abroad it's only in milton keynes. The answers i get are i could be tomorrow or it could be in 3 months or i have sent a message via email to seat technical but they have not replied yet.

Why can't you pick up the :censored:phone and spoke to them?? oh uhh we just mail them :censored:joke i made a big mistake now i guess i am paying for it

Richie D

May 24, 2005
Shropshire
Just to give you an update the car has been at the garage for a week and a half they have ordered a new gear box and can not give me a time as to when this gearbox will arrive. The customer service from the dealer and even the seat uk lot is :censored:

when this :censored:car is eventually returned to me it will be straight down to another dealership brand for a p/x.

seat uk and the dealers are a bunch of :censored: i have never come accross people not knowing when a major part would be delivered and apparently it's not even coming from abroad it's only in milton keynes. The answers i get are i could be tomorrow or it could be in 3 months or i have sent a message via email to seat technical but they have not replied yet.

Why can't you pick up the :censored:phone and spoke to them?? oh uhh we just mail them :censored:joke i made a big mistake now i guess i am paying for it

New gearbox eh?:think: Did you have any problems with first gear or reverse?

Rich

Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.