Another Audi Refugee

rafletcher

Feb 18, 2021
Like at least one other member here, I was an S3 owner, but much as I liked the performance and handling I just couldn't get along with the jarring, jittery ride it has with the mag ride. So, I've bitten the bullet, and am now proud owner of a 2020 Cupra Ateca "Limited Edition".

It sewems to be a bit of a hybrid, in having Brembo discs and wheel package, plus heated fron Alcantara seats.

Sarah

Jan 18, 2021
Hello hello. I'm quite new here too. I also had an S3 that i couldn't get on with. I had a 19 reg S3 and it only had just over 2k miles on when i sold it. I just didnt like it. It also seemed to attract the boyracers. My current one doesn't have that problem :)
Is that the one you have bought in the link? It looks great. I love the wheels

Reactions: jcbmally

rafletcher

Feb 18, 2021
Indeed it is the exact one I've bought. I tried for a year with the S3, but even on 17" rims and winter tyres it's a bone hard ride - keeps setting off the collision warning on my dashcam! On 19" rims and summer tyres its noisy as well. So, I'm heading back to a more refined drive (like my Stage 1 A4 Avant was)

Reactions: jcbmally and Sarah

jcbmally

Started with nowt and still have most of it left.
Staff member
Dec 26, 2013
Cybertron
Like at least one other member here, I was an S3 owner, but much as I liked the performance and handling I just couldn't get along with the jarring, jittery ride it has with the mag ride. So, I've bitten the bullet, and am now proud owner of a 2020 Cupra Ateca "Limited Edition".

It sewems to be a bit of a hybrid, in having Brembo discs and wheel package, plus heated fron Alcantara seats.
Welcome aboard mate, you won’t be disappointed. (y)(y)

rafletcher

Feb 18, 2021
Cupra Ateca is running a 8 year old dash from the Mk3 Leon.

I would rather the Audi interior IMO

So would I, I like the analogue 8V interior a great deal - I'd never have gome for an 8Y - and I'm not a huge fan of "virtual" instruments, but that's the way things are going. And that aside, there are other benefits - I can (I think) fit a tow hitch, useful for carrying my bike carrier, the boot is larger (my wifes 208 is more practical that the A3 sportback), and the ingress is easier for my wife, who's had two hip replacements.

Fashions change - I can remember my MK1 BMW 323i had a discrete digital clock set into the bottom of the tacho. The next generation had replaced that with an analogue clock centre dash. Why? Who knows. At least Cupra have kept some tactile switches and knobs, unlike Tesla.

rafletcher

Feb 18, 2021
Well I went and collected my 2020 pre-facelift Cupra Ateca Limited Edition ex-demonstartor yesterday, with 1800 miles on the clock (when I eventually found it, lurking behind the cruise conrol on the dash"). Very pleased, despite the 20" 35 profile tyres, that the "comfort" ride is just that. I got home around 5pm in the pouring rain, so haven't even had a chance to properly look at it yet! Oh, and (typically for a dealer), no handbook in it, no Roadside Assistance docs, no Warranty docs. Only one keyfob as the guy running it was away so they only had the one at the dealership itself. :rolleyes: So a phone cal today to chase all that and the£11k cashback from my trade-in as well :oops:. Will see how well they dal with it before publicising them!

rafletcher

Feb 18, 2021
And just got a comprehensive response from the dealer, so all good. I guess all this having to do transactions in the car park take the personal edge off the transaction where normally all the questions would be answered.

Yern

Apr 25, 2019
And just got a comprehensive response from the dealer, so all good. I guess all this having to do transactions in the car park take the personal edge off the transaction where normally all the questions would be answered.
Taking £11K cashback in the car park...now that would be hookey :ROFLMAO:.

Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.