Another clutch and flywheel thread and...

Dec 5, 2012
Harlow
Hi all,

as title suggests clutch started slipping tonight, not bad considering its original clutch on 85k and its been mapped to over 300 ibft torque! in the mean time ive disconnected the n75 so it only boosts to 6 psi, im hoping that this will make the clutch last abit longer while I gather the funds together.

sooo what are my options? I was looking into the single mass flywheels but my mate recently got one on his and it rattles like mad on idle so this has put me off massively so I think im gonna give that a miss and stick with a dual mass flywheel.
so what dual mass flywheel should I get plus a clutch?
I dont really wanna compromise daily drivability but I want it to put up with stage 2 power without breaking the bank to much.

any suggestions?

also ive been noticing lately my miles per tank of fuel is dreadful at the minute. I will be lucky to see around 200 miles a tank even if I literally granny it everywhere not using any boost. the car is always looked after and serviced regularly and properly so its not that. anyway I plugged the car into vagcom earlier and Im getting this fault code...

16517 - Oxygen (Lambda) Sensor B1 S1 Response too slow PO133

can anyone confirm this means my first lambda sensor that sits in the downpipe and controls fuelling is faulty?

Bret

Lcr stealth :)
Aug 3, 2010
Cambridgeshire
I recently went for sachs sre clutch and an Oem dual mass flywheel. Smf are better they will last longer but as the car is designed to have a dmf it knocks usually when sitting at idle they are also known to snatch more than a dmf therefore causing gearbox issues but not in all cases so it really is down to what you want i.e how much bhp and lbs you are aiming for the standard dual mass flywheel is said to be good for 380-400 lbs (I believe) are you planning on a 4-500bhp motor? If not and you staying around the 300 mark I would suggest either the Sachs sre clutch and dmf or Helix road clutch and Dmf :D . If your looking to skimp on price then expect to pay twice ;) J.m.o

Last edited:
Dec 5, 2012
Harlow
cheers for the reply. I will be staying DMF I think as im not planning on stupid power. if I do decide I want more power I would probably go hybrid K04 which would see a max of 350ish hp, but even this is unlikely for a while if at all!
I believe the standard DMF is LUK, will this be ok along with a helix or sachs clutch?

Last edited:

Bret

Aug 3, 2010
Cambridgeshire
Yes buddy alot of people go for luk bud its simply remove the old and in with the new they are direct replacements so no modifying :) just so you know though if you choose sachs clutch make sure its the sachs sre(sachs race engingineering) clutch as on fleebay and other sites people try and put across they are selling a stage one,2 or 3 sachs clutch :ban: there is only one sachs clutch and its the sachs sre clutch :) they will seem expensive but better buying once and getting what you want than buying cheap and buying twice :)

Dec 5, 2012
Harlow
Yes buddy alot of people go for luk bud its simply remove the old and in with the new they are direct replacements so no modifying :) just so you know though if you choose sachs clutch make sure its the sachs sre(sachs race engingineering) clutch as on fleebay and other sites people try and put across they are selling a stage one,2 or 3 sachs clutch :ban: there is only one sachs clutch and its the sachs sre clutch :) they will seem expensive but better buying once and getting what you want than buying cheap and buying twice :)

True i think I'll go for the Sachs sre clutch and standard luk flywheel then.

Altogether comes to nearly a grand :O think I need to get saving lol

Bret

Aug 3, 2010
Cambridgeshire
No at the start its light as a feather but once it beds in the pedal is only slightly stiffer than standard and you have alot more confidence haha :D but its the driver that will make it snatchy or smooth :lol:

Last edited:

Br!dges

Jul 9, 2011
Wales
Luk clutch kit
luk dmf
sachs 4paddle plate from Badger 5

Setup even with 4paddle plate has oem feel & will cope with big power & torque. Also a lot less than a grand.......just my opinion :)

Dec 5, 2012
Harlow
nothing yet the clutch is still hanging on for dear life lol. im planning on changing it next weekend tho but still unsure of what to get. funds are a little tight aswell :(

Br!dges

Jul 9, 2011
Wales
Good luck to ya :lol: skimp on price and pay twice :D

Really..... I think not!! I had this clutch advice from Bill who tunes and knows these cars like the back of his hand and uses my setup for BT Builds.... I think it will be fine :)

SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise