Another one leaving SEAT ownership

chase06

Aug 8, 2006
Hey guys,

After all of my frustrations with SEAT and the problems Ive had (amongst other things) I have decided to get rid of the FR for something else, and today got confirmation that its all gone through

I have been around these parts for a year now, and have always used the forums as a source of information and banter. I will be sticking around these parts, but I dont think Ill be back as a SEAT owner in a hurry :(

Thanks for all being so helpful,

Cheers,

chase06

Aug 8, 2006
Believe it or not ive gone french! Possibly a bad move on my part, but its a Renaultsport Megane F1 225.

Hopefully I dont have as many problems :)

Randomman

Jan 11, 2007
You will...

Engine is fairly sound, doesnt give any kick IMO, just seems to pull rather blandly, and as with all renault engines needs the nuts revving off it to get it going - but without the reward of VTEC.

In all seriousness mate, best of luck with it. I know how it feels to be let down by a car repeatedly, hence why I will never own another vauxhall.

Unless the right VX220 comes along

chase06

Aug 8, 2006
Well I can wait and see what happens :D Either way ill be going for the record 10 times within a year in the Megane, see if I can beat SEATs record!?

Its a bit of a shame really as I love the car, but after all the issues I was gunning for a change.

Mikey_H

258.7BHP 39?ft/lb
Feb 15, 2007
Buckingham
typically french are normally alot less reliable than german but i must admit the megane's my clio breaks more often than my seat admittedly my ibiza is brand new and my clio is 53plate lol but hey ho good luck mate

Ant FR

Feb 15, 2005
Kent
dunno the R26's are amazing but the old special F1 one ain't that great.

Saying that, my mate who was ordering an R26 has decided to hold fire to see what the Clio Cup is like coming end of year. He ws pisseed at having to wait 5 months for an R26. So he has kept with Reno, and gone abnd bought an old school Reno 5 Turbo to keep him ocupied.

hon_n_gem

Candy White K1
Mar 22, 2006
Kent
www.auto-tuner.co.uk
good old renos! gotta love em, my bro drives a Clio Trophy..lightly modded and extremly rapid! my old clio is very reliable, never skipped a beat! had it for 5ish yrs now...sister drives it now :D

rashcupra

MV AGUSTA & 1.8T DUB MK4
Oct 15, 2006
crawley
my best mates got a megane 225 not that quick and marmite looks but personally i like it and im a vag man all the way! id personally of got a golf if reliability is a key for you as going renault really isnt going to be a reliable choice

Mikey_H

258.7BHP 39?ft/lb
Feb 15, 2007
Buckingham
yea 100% agree with rash nice looking car would have prob gone for a golf myself albeit prob a bit more expensive

chase06

Aug 8, 2006
Yeah, unfortunately a Golf was about £4k outside my budget for something similar.

See how it goes in the Megane though, worth a try :D

gazjones

i went golf so you had to go for something different. they look ok can tell they are a pretty quick car from stlying good luck with it

rashcupra

MV AGUSTA & 1.8T DUB MK4
Oct 15, 2006
crawley
4k!! for a mk5 gti then yer but for an r32 like gazez or an 1.8t mk4 golf would of had reliablity a nice stylish look and power but most importantly german :) i do like the megane tho

Poverty

My mates mums megane convertible has always got things dropping off it or the engine managment light coming on. Engine is rev happy which is something I enjoy as a NA man.

chase06

Aug 8, 2006
Hey guys,

Back again to say hi, im still knocking around these parts as its such a great forum. Sad to see the Ibiza go (just seen it again tonight though, sparkling!) and also sad to hear that so many are jumping the Ibiza ship. Anyhow the new car is great, getting my first few issues sorted this week nothing too harsh though. Added a few piccies, thanks for all the help while I was an Ibiza owner...

25072007049.jpg

31072007050.jpg

Cheers,

chase06

Aug 8, 2006
I wasnt too keen on the stickers and vowed to take them off but there kinda growing on me :D

However, once the sun starts to bleach them and wash them out ill just take em off and polish it up :D

Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.