Another PHEV problem, pre-heating not working.

Swedemike

Apr 4, 2021
The last three days the preheating have been out of order, I have been climbing in to a cold car, well, well, just another thing on the looong list…

Is there a reset or is it reapir shop again?
Sounds like it tries to start something and it goes wrong.

Last edited:

Swedemike

Apr 4, 2021
This morning it was filled with moist, cold air only, no heat.
Turned on preheating with battery power only during lunch break an d now it works (one time at least).

Attachments

• 1ED53070-8704-483B-8939-52AB532E1838.jpeg
    1ED53070-8704-483B-8939-52AB532E1838.jpeg
    592.7 KB · Views: 113
Reactions: Juhan99
Dec 7, 2021
This morning it was filled with moist, cold air only, no heat.
Turned on preheating with battery power only during lunch break an d now it works (one time at least).
Did you manage to sort this without a trip to the dealers? I have the same problem its really annoying, I work nights and finish at 6am, nothing worse than having to scrape the car on cold mornings..... It did work till I deleted the seat connect app??

Swedemike

Apr 4, 2021
I have given up on this car, it is so many problems so it can fill a thick book.
It is booked for service and checkup 23/12 but I have no hope.

I am stuck for two more years unfortunately because it’s a company car with 3 year lease.
If I had owned the car it would be sold immediately.

• Wow
Reactions: Torque69

Swedemike

Apr 4, 2021
It has been at dealer today and a lot of things need to be changed, some modules were reprogrammed some must be swapped. Main computer is faulty, rear left door lock faulty, charge intake faulty and so on…
More days at the dealer coming, I think I am at 10-12 days now.

darkshadow13

Sep 27, 2021
england
Must be the Weather, I've got the same, seems when damp and Cold my Cupra 71 E-hybrid 245 i got 6 weeks ago that also is making similar noises inside the cabin, and heating refuses to work this was happening on Wednesday gone, funny thing heating worked perfectly fine today and when that cold Damp weather kicked back in tonight the the heating is off again , can hear the whining noises inside the cabin similar to YouTube video. Guess I'm gonna need to contact Cupra about this, got a feeling these are all going to need recalled because of this fault and certainly don't need this with 830 miles on the clock.

Dec 7, 2021
My pre heating has been working on my Ehybrid for the last 3 nights by setting the departure time through the infotainment system not the connect app (i no longer have the app). So far so good as its been a lottery as whether or not I'd have a toastie car when i finish work at 6am.
As far as can figure, Android auto needs to be connected, and i switch off the engine whilst in the departure screen and it works, I realize it should just work without this but as the infotainment system on the car is so temperamental I'm sticking with it...Much happier now everything is working as it should and fingers crossed when the frost returns no more scraping
😊
......I'm not confident that what I have done to get working will work for you or even that it will keep working but may be worth a try for others having the same issue.....I also have sneaky feeling that the departure time pre heat not working is a software glitch after the connect app expires

darkshadow13

Sep 27, 2021
england
So checking my car even this this is booked with cupra on the 4th was making the noises on video similar to the above, again the weather was wet and cold but when mild has subdued and is now all working again it's weird.

darkshadow13

Sep 27, 2021
england
as below video 0f issue
It has been at dealer today and a lot of things need to be changed, some modules were reprogrammed some must be swapped. Main computer is faulty, rear left door lock faulty, charge intake faulty and so on…
More days at the dealer coming, I think I am at 10-12 days now.
Any more news @Swedemike ?

darkshadow13

Sep 27, 2021
england
1-2 months delivery time for parts.
OMG ! o_O If my car goes in I'm thinking are they going to open up a can of worms and waiting for parts I'm contemplating it now that my cars heating/fans are still working I do think its software related. I recognize a pattern when you load up a profile, EG Become a Primary user, the heating goes off then blowers go on and then off, its weird but because these care are all computer controlled is going to cause a right stir on hybrids, hope you get sorted soon mate, let alone not having a car must be a nightmare.

darkshadow13

Sep 27, 2021
england
It took 4 months to get a new rear camera. Drove 4 months without!
I feel for you man , I'm guessing you lost the will to live with this car? I know i had a similar issue on a Kia about 6 year back, more in the garage and less driving it i just couldn't wait to part X it in for another car luckly for me it was a Volvo v40 R Design PRO, im thinking have i got rid of such a perfectly designed car :rolleyes:.

Last edited:

darkshadow13

Sep 27, 2021
england
Well since the 26th of December the fault has not even occurred again, (it seemed to get milder above 2 degrees) so assumed this was related to the temperature outside , since it was booked with Cupra this morning i called them up to cancel as its pointless trying to diagnose something that's working perfectly fine, even this morning is Minus 1 degrees and the heating and blowers are working fine, I've wrote away to the service manager to see if there's anything they can look at not sure what it is software related or something different entirely.
Did anyone hear anything back or self diagnose themselves @Shunter is there anything you fixed by doing your steps above please, thanks.

mackan73

Jan 23, 2021
Preheating works most of the times for me, but sometimes it is not started for some reason unknown to me.
My car has just been at the one year service and I did forget to add this issue to the list of problems...

Swedemike

Apr 4, 2021
Preheating works most of the times for me, but sometimes it is not started for some reason unknown to me.
My car has just been at the one year service and I did forget to add this issue to the list of problems...
It is like that for me too, have to set two times directly after eachother to get it to work.

Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members