Anti roll bar bushes problem

crazyshad1

Jun 21, 2008
I;'m just replacing my front anti roll bar bushes on my LCR. I have removed the old bushes and have found that the plastic sleve that that the bush clamps around is broken. Can these be relpaced, they are one piecs and i can't see how you'd be able to fit another? I don't think you could slide it over the end of the end of the roll bar.

Willie

LCR Track car
Aug 6, 2004
Sunny Scotland
If the coating on the ARB is broken then new bushes will not help this.
You will need to replace this with is a drop the front subframe job.
BUT the MK4 R32 23mm one will fit, give you better handling (if you have the rear ARB done aswell). You will also need the clamp, bushes and bolts from the R32 aswell

crazyshad1

Jun 21, 2008
I've bonded the sleve onto the anti-roll bar and fitted my bush over it. So far things are great, no more knocking either.

crazyshad1

Jun 21, 2008
Sit back and relax, this could take some time

I've had a knocking noise for quite some time, the car has been into Seat on numerous occasions. First they thought it was the passenger top mount, replaced it with no joy. Then it was thought to be the drivers top mount, replaced with no joy. Next on the list was the rear wishbone mount, replaced with no joy.

I posted the problem on this site and someone suggested the anti roll bar bushes.l At this point i was willing to try anything, fitted the drivers side yesterday and hey presto! I've got a car that doesn't knock or bang. Happy days

crazyshad1

Jun 21, 2008
i couldn't tell visually, it was onlty untill i removed the bush and compared ot to the new one. There was a 2mm diffenence internally

Nimbus hosting - Based solely in the UK.