Any help Ko3 on Ko3s map :/

TomTomTom

Mk3 Ibiza Cupra 230bhp :D
Nov 5, 2011
East sussex
Hi I recently bought a Mk3 Cupra Sold Advertised as running:

.uprated k03s turbo off octavia vrs was still under warrenty when fitted has now run out.
.custom stage 2 map 220bhp + !!
.motorsport red tip ( turbo intake pipe )
.front mount intercooler with red samcos
.n249 byepass
.forge 007p
.red silicone piping
.induction kit
.carbon canister delete
.half polished inlet manifold and polished boost pipe
.painted rocker cover
.3inch downpipe and decat into 2.5inch staight thru centre section to powerflow upswept back box ( made up by rsr in redhill )
.powerfex exhaust and engine mounts

Basically I took to the guy that originally that did the build and after a quick look at the engine he realised its only running a Ko3 however it is mapped for a Ko3s. Will these cause any issues in the mean time for example damage to the turbo etc?

In the long run i hope to get money back after false advertisment and refit a ko3s.

Thanks. Tom.

TomTomTom

Nov 5, 2011
East sussex
The original guy that tuned it sold it in August 2011, i bought it Febuary 2012 after asking the tuner if the cars had any issues as it was relisted by new owner and he would have not been affected if he said it was broken or anything.

He had a look saw it has two vacuum hoses and said its only running a ko3, when i bought it advertised with ko3s. He then asked how much boost i was running I said "15psi" he said that definatley not rite as he was getting "18-23psi with a ko3s".

Would the downsised turbo cause any problems long run? other than obviously low boost and less power?

Just wondering because its mapped for Ko3s

Apr 12, 2008
U should probably check requested boost vs. actual boost on vag-com for a start.
If ecu is indeed asking for 18 psi on the redline it will probably kill little k03 cuz it cannot boost more than 12,13 psi on the redline....i think :)

Big_daddy

Going going gone.....
Oct 20, 2006
Brummy
you be fine, no ko3 / ko3s will hold more 0.9 bar . you can run a stage 2 map on ko3, i done for a year with abuse.

TomTomTom

Nov 5, 2011
East sussex
That cant be rite because 1bar is equal to 14-15 psi so If it's running 18-23psi on ko3s then they must be able to get 1.5bar boost?

The map was done for a Ko3s and has not been changed since the guy put a ko3 on as far a I know. Still think the turbo will be fine?

Big_daddy

Going going gone.....
Oct 20, 2006
Brummy
sorry ment i ment a ko3/ ko3s will spike to around 1.4-1.5 bar but dies out to around 0.9bar at 6k.

TomTomTom

Nov 5, 2011
East sussex
Oh okay makes sense, but isn't that what the N249 bypass that prevents the ECU stopping boosting would mean it keeps boosting? Or is that just cause the turbo can't get enought pressure in the exhaust turbine?

Big_daddy

Going going gone.....
Oct 20, 2006
Brummy
even with a n249 bypass the car still go into limp mode. the n249 just controls the vacum for the diverter valve.
the turbo charger actuator is controlled by n75 solonoid which control how much boost turbo at.

TomTomTom

Nov 5, 2011
East sussex
Okay cool cheers for the help you seem very knowledgeable. So the current ko3 should be fine just hope to change to the Ko3s ASAP when I get some refund or something?

TomTomTom

Nov 5, 2011
East sussex
Would it actually cause an issue because it wouldn't be able to provide the boost or would it over boost?

Should be okay anyways tho if I don't rev it real high till I get ko3s yeh

Big_daddy

Going going gone.....
Oct 20, 2006
Brummy
it be fine, unless there other secrets you dont know.
how did the guy check if it had a ko3 not ko3s?

TomTomTom

Nov 5, 2011
East sussex
Well he looked at the engine and could tell it had been out as it wasn't as mint looking. Then he looked down the back saw its not the one he fitted and saw it has two vacuum hoses(one loose capped and tucked away) and it had no baffle.

SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise