any one know how to removed the plastic tunnel around the gear stick?

andy_dea

Aug 9, 2003
north east
Visit site
hey guys anyone know how to removed the plastic transmission tunnel cover which goes round the gear stick area?

i got myself a air fuel meter which i want to build unto the area where the fag lighter is and have it under the cover, just want to take the full plastic parts out so can make a neater job of it

cheers andy

andy_dea

Aug 9, 2003
north east
Visit site
used the lumination ones before easy to get it to work, just weld a boss after the cat for the new lamber sensor to fit into

with it not been circular thats why i dont want to fit it into the cupra r gauge pod, as will look pants and mean i need to buy 2 more gauges to fill the pod

ill take a look this week as sure can not be hard to get it out of the car and ill look what fittings are under the gear gator

cheers andy

Craig!

IHI Ibiza Cupra
Jan 6, 2005
Guisborough
www.vagcars.co.uk
Andy, you wanting to remove the ash tray bit and all that? If so pull up the gaitor, theres two plastic nuts to the back of the gear knob / front of the handbrake, you need to un-do these if memory serves me right. Then all you do is pull at it from the back, and it'll all come up.

I found it came out easier is the ash tray / cig. lighter slide was in the "open" position.

flashbsd

ull the entire console upwards, give it a wiggle the whole caboodle will come up, i found it easier to open ash tray first, then unplug ciggy lighter wiring, then its all out, 4 plastic lugs hold leather gaiter onto gearstick, rest just unclips :)

flashbsd

just a bit of advice andy, dont use the positive off your ciggy lighter for the gauge illumination, its not switched, its perm live, use headlight switch instead :) you can use the earth from ciggy though.