Anyone actually got their clutch replaced under warranty??

andy_p

Hi All,

I've done a lot of searches re clutches, but not actually found evidence of anyone successfully get it replaced under the Seat Warranty.

My scenario is as following:

05 FR TDI with 27k on the clock. Totally standard, mostly motorway miles and never been on a track.

Since before the 20k service it's had a judder between 70 and 80mph.

It's been to my local dealer a few time for investigations and today it went in to have the flywheel replaced. The dealer called up to advise they've found three 'spots' on the clutch (at 120 degree angles) which they believe is causing the problem.

Obviously I know the clutch is a consumable item, but I'm not wanting to fork out for one every 20 thousand miles. The dealer's been great and has gone to Seat UK to see if it can be done under the warranty for goodwill purposes.

I think my problem is going to be with Seat UK if they no, so I'd like to hear from anyone who's been successful in arguing their case for a clutch under warranty so I can be prepared if I hear a big N O from Seat UK.

Thanks

Guinness

Finally got the BMW
Nov 29, 2006
Newcastle
I think they will do it mate. Iv heard of people getting them replaced after they have damaged theres with a too powerfull remap.

Hudson

May 15, 2007
Bilston.
Most clutches come with a milage or years warrenty anyway so give it a try.

Complain blu emurder in the dealerships sales office so people can hear you say this bloody clutch has worn out this bloody quick and you're telling me its wear and tear this cars been nothing but trouble from day one and you're not being helpful......

See how quick they fix your problems after that little hissy fit.
H

andy_p

Thanks for your answers... I'm thinking if it's the faulty flywheel that's spoiled the clutch then I might have some grounds for my argument.

It would be nice to quote some precedent if someone's been in this situation before though :eek:)

Aug 21, 2006
Yep - the previous owner of mine (my sister) had the clutch plate brake whilst driving it (53 with 27k at the time). Took it back to All Electric (idiots - glad they lost the dealership) who after much arguing and calls to Seat UK agreed to replace the clutch under warranty. They didn't connect a hose after though (or left it off on purpose!) but Barlows in Wolverhampton sorted that out for her.

andy_p

Just a quick one to say that IMG Warrington did get Seat UK to agree to change the clutch under the warranty.

I saw the clutch and flywheel they took out - It did look very strange with 3 scuff marks on the clutch plate and the identical opposite place on the flywheel.

I happy it's sorted though!

Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.