Anyone beat 5 weeks as the earliest their dealer can see them? - IMG Warrington

andy_p

I've had a bit of an on-going problem with my Ibiza juddering when accelerating between 70-80mph in 6th.

Took it into IMG Warrington a month or so ago to be looked at and the mechanic (who's a friendly & helpful guy) took it on a test drive and he agreed that he could feel the vibration. He told me there's been similar problems on other Seat's, but they'd not seen it on the Ibiza before and so had to send a VIS (I think) report to Seat.

I've had a call today to say that they've heard back from Seat to say there's no known problem for the Ibiza so the mechanic will have to investigate and use their judgment - apparently it could be electrical or a flywheel issue.

Therefore my car needs to go in for exploratory work to identify the problem... that's fine with me but the earliest appointment I could have was 23rd July - 5 weeks from now!! [:@]

I could have had an appointment on the 10th (3 weeks away) if I was willing to arrange my own transport or wait at the dealership, but considering I live and work 25 miles away I really need a courtesy car.

After the investigation is done, I'm probably going to have to wait the same length of time again to get the problem fixed - I tried to book a speculative appointment for after the 23rd but was told IMG wouldn't book it in until they knew what work needed to be done :cry:

It's a real shame because the people at IMG are good! They could really pick up a lot more business (and sales) now that Seat Liverpool has gone - they're just really letting themselves down because the operation is small. IMG - please get yourself another mechanic - or at least a couple more courtesy cars! :D

Thankfully my car is still working in the meantime - I hate to be having to wait this long if my car had actually broken down!

Enough of my rant now, but back to my original question - Has anyone had to wait longer than 5 weeks for their dealer to even see them??

foxy367

May 12, 2007
Wigan
I have waited 4 weeks for a part to come from Seat. The dealer couldn't even chase it up! I love my car but this whole 3 dealers in the northwest thing is odd as fish!:doh:

andy_p

I have waited 4 weeks for a part to come from Seat. The dealer couldn't even chase it up! I love my car but this whole 3 dealers in the northwest thing is odd as fish!:doh:

Maybe everyone on seatcupra.net from the northwest should have a whip-round and start our own dealership... how expensive could it be?? :shrug:

mode

Apr 27, 2007
North Wales
May be IMG are busy because theyre good??, I was thinking of using them next time i need a service, though i still do not understand why we cannot use VW garages when most of us live/work closer to one than the SEAT ones......

IMG SEAT

Matthew @ IMG SEAT
Therefore my car needs to go in for exploratory work to identify the problem... that's fine with me but the earliest appointment I could have was 23rd July - 5 weeks from now!! [:@]

Andy,

Firstly I apologise for the length of time you have to wait to gain an apointment, but this is due to the current demand on the workshop which as you are aware is currently restricted due to the SEAT technicians having to share with the Mazda workshop.

After the investigation is done, I'm probably going to have to wait the same length of time again to get the problem fixed - I tried to book a speculative appointment for after the 23rd but was told IMG wouldn't book it in until they knew what work needed to be done :cry:

Unfortunatley the computer systems require us to schedule all the workshop times in advance, and we cannot do that until an initial investigation is complete. Unfortunatley we are currently unable to allocate a whole day to the one job as the job may only take 1 hour and then the technician will be inactive for the rest of the day. This also means other customers will be unable to have routine service jobs completed.

It's a real shame because the people at IMG are good! They could really pick up a lot more business (and sales) now that Seat Liverpool has gone - they're just really letting themselves down because the operation is small. IMG - please get yourself another mechanic - or at least a couple more courtesy cars! :D

Due to the increased demand for workshop activity we have identified the need for more workshop space. We now have planning permision to build a new workshop with 4 bays, which means that we can employ more technicians and schedule more workshop activity. We envisage that the new workshops will be complete in 3 to 4 months time.

Please stay with us as I am sure you will see an increased level of service once our expansion plans are complete. In the meantime next time you are at the showroom I would be quite pleased to discuss any issue you have with the IMG experience :D (from the 2nd July onwards)

Kind Regards,

Matthew Ginger
IMG General Manager

Last edited:
Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.