Anyone else had the P00B7 Coolant Code - Cupra 280

SteA

Jan 12, 2016
Shrewsbury
As above, has anyone else had that code? I’m guessing it’s the thermostat, coolant level is fine... thanks :)

kgp280

Apr 19, 2018
Hi

Yeah seem to remember I had this fault on my Cupra 280. It was a faulty temp sensor into the radiator, was indicating the water temp was -30. and no before someone asks I don’t live in the Antarctic. :laser:Had the sensor changed under warranty. No probs since

Reactions: SteA

SteA

Jan 12, 2016
Shrewsbury
My garage has only just had the chance to look at this, it is the thermostat, which is now apparently a complicated design including housing etc. Part alone is £200 plus and several hours to fit. Have VAG engineers gone insane? :banghead2 Slightly ridiculous on a fairly new car?

SwissCupra

May 7, 2019
Switzerland
My garage has only just had the chance to look at this, it is the thermostat, which is now apparently a complicated design including housing etc. Part alone is £200 plus and several hours to fit. Have VAG engineers gone insane? :banghead2 Slightly ridiculous on a fairly new car?

Think the housing etc is all plastic so it warps with repeated heating/cooling, think I read somewhere it was a big thing on the golf's, and someone makes a metal one, no idea if it's cheaper, I'll see if I can find it

Reactions: SteA

SteA

Jan 12, 2016
Shrewsbury
The car is fixed, the water pump has been replaced too as it was starting to leak, I'm pretty surprised for what has been an otherwise brilliant car, but the water pump and thermostat combination are a shocking design (I imagine S3 owners are delighted too o_O), I'm surprised they last long at all. Anyway, that's £725 I won't see again. I have written to Seat to express my admiration for their brilliant design and longevity of the materials they used. :)

Nimbus hosting - Based solely in the UK.