Anyone ever tried BK Racing Wheels?

Oct 6, 2020
Found a decent looking set down at the breaker's yard I get a lot of my parts from, need a refurb and new tyres but he only wants £100 for them. They're 18" which is what I want to move up to from 17.

Can't find much about them online though, anyone have any experience with them?

300bhpdaily

May 26, 2020
Yea bk racing have been around for a while going back to the max power times. If you like them then that’s all that matters mate.
BUT I will say this. Once you’ve paid to have them refurbed providing none are
Buckled you’ll have paid £300 to have them refurbed plus the £100 you paid for them. If they are buckled it’ll add £60/80 more per alloy plus tyres you could be into these cheap alloys for £500/600 depending on tyres. Just speaking from past experience.
Still cheaper then buying 4 brand new alloys and tyres tho. Did you take a photo of them?

andycupra

status subject to change
be careful.
a cursory search online and i cant find any BK alloys listed as 'suitable' for your car, (i've assumed a MK2 leon).
correct stud pattern/ offset?
looks like typical BK alloys with soemthing like falkern or rainsport tyres in the the region of £850. of course thats for brand new, - so as above factor in refurb costs, tyres, - and some risk if they are not round, cracked.damaged etc into any decision.

Oct 6, 2020
Yea bk racing have been around for a while going back to the max power times. If you like them then that’s all that matters mate.
BUT I will say this. Once you’ve paid to have them refurbed providing none are
Buckled you’ll have paid £300 to have them refurbed plus the £100 you paid for them. If they are buckled it’ll add £60/80 more per alloy plus tyres you could be into these cheap alloys for £500/600 depending on tyres. Just speaking from past experience.
Still cheaper then buying 4 brand new alloys and tyres tho. Did you take a photo of them?
I did inspect them and couldn't see any cracks or buckling, so I think they're physically sound. The local wheel refurb place has just confirmed what you said, that they've been around a long time and are more of a budget wheel. I'd sell my 17's with pretty new Pilot Sport 4s on to help make some money back on the change too. Plus with some helpful connections I could get them blasted and powder coated for about £200.

be careful.
a cursory search online and i cant find any BK alloys listed as 'suitable' for your car, (i've assumed a MK2 leon).
correct stud pattern/ offset?
looks like typical BK alloys with soemthing like falkern or rainsport tyres in the the region of £850. of course thats for brand new, - so as above factor in refurb costs, tyres, - and some risk if they are not round, cracked.damaged etc into any decision.
Correct about the car, and from their website I don't see the exact wheels either, they must be an older range. He said they came from an Audi A3 so I would have thought they'd fit with some tuner bolts - contacted NUTS4WHEELS and they're 99% certain tuner bolts would fit. I'd of course try putting one on before buying though.

Reactions: Woody_72
Oct 6, 2020
Just so you know you can get Audis with 5x100 and 5x112 pcd.
That's good to know - thanks. Haven't looked in to changing wheels before but now the car is lowered I think 18" would complete the look. I see there are adapters for 100 to 112 so they might help as well.

I'm thinking they might be a bit too heavy anyway - ideally I'd like to lose weight if possible for track days. Any suggestions on some good lighter wheels?

MoToJoJo

Mar 25, 2014
Northants
5x100 to 5x112 adapters are usually to fit 5x112 wheels on 5x100 hubs.

As for BK Racing... if you want looks n can baby your car round pot holes etc then go for it, if you want to take it on track then no... HELL no.

SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise