Anyone got a Leon on Finance?

Unlight

Just curious to what sort of deals you have got.

Got about £3000 deposit for a new car, and want to keep the monthly payments around £200-250..

Think a TDI FR is at all possible??

chrisboyle999

MFD3 for sale, inbox me.
Nov 28, 2006
Geordieland
hi mate.

i guess anything is possile. some people seem to have been picking up tdi fr's for around £16k, and you can get a loan for £13k over 5 years for 250 a month.
obviously if you take it over a longer period the montly payments are less but it costs more in the long run.
good luck.

Lewis_FR

Jul 1, 2007
Tiverton, Devon
Hey man, this is 1 possible option for those sorts of re-payments. Check out this link Here. Sainsburys finance promise to beat the WhatCar? buying guide and you can spread re-payments up to 48 Months. Have a fiddle with the payment calculator on the vehicle of your choice. As a guide - £3000 Deposit, 36 Month Period, 15,000 Per annum = £244 a month. Followed by a non-mandatory balloon payment of £5500-ish. Lots of info on there & Lots of cars to choose from.
Hope this helps.

siwel

Apr 20, 2006
Direct seat (www.directseat.co.uk/) are doing the FR for £15,995 at the moment, that's without any options, so subtracting your deposit of 3k you'd need a loan for the remaining 13k.

I had a check on www.moneysupermarket.com and they are showing a loan for 13k over 5 years at £251.79 per month (6.2%). Compared to the option above you'd pay £280.44 more over the first 3 years (£251.79 - £244 per month).

Plus then for the extra 2 years, 2 years worth of £251.79 a month so 6042.96 more than the option above pre non-mandatory balloon payment. I checked on the Sainsburys web site and I'm getting the non-mandatory balloon payment coming out at £7,379.

I presume if you don't pay the balloon payment you have to give the car back, if the final payment is £5500 then the option above is £542.96 cheaper, if the final payment is £7,379 then my option is £1366.04 cheaper. Sorry I couldn't find out how to get a final payment of £5500 when the monthly payments are £244 a month.

Hope this helps.

ghosty

Jun 14, 2007
essex
hey siwel, your good with numbers right. i managed to read it all to the end but that went straight over my head! i wont even ask.. ;)

DigiGuru

I've ended up with an 06 plate Stylance TDI.

Paid £11.5k car, had £1,300 negative equity.

So for £12.8k, they gave me an interest rate of 7.9% APR!

Monthly payments ~ £257 (but this is over 5 years)

Pretty damn good I think.

Go in with your £3K up front, get bartering and you're off, especially if you can hold on another month and get a pre-registered right at the end of August ;)

Might be an 07 plate, but it'll only have done 3 miles or so! lol

Stu

toNes

Jun 26, 2007
London
When I bought my Seat Sport TDi a year ago, I couldn't get a decent APR off the dealers so got really fed up that they weren't going to offer 0% APR (like some other manufacturers when buying new cars) so told them to politely fcuk off and went and got a personal loan out.

I took out a loan for about £11k, paying it back at roughly £300 a month over 3 years.... think the APR is like 5.9% or something.

Two loan companies I recommend are Cahoot and Northern Rock..... they're usually the lowest APRs on the market! :)

On another note - does anyone else feel that VWFS aren't exactly the most helpful of finance services?!? They tend to want to extract the most amount of money from you! [:@]

AL2007

Jun 6, 2007
North London (Spurs-Land)
On another note - does anyone else feel that VWFS aren't exactly the most helpful of finance services?!? They tend to want to extract the most amount of money from you! [:@]

I told the dealer I wanted 0% finance or im getting an astra, the max they could do was £4000, rather have 4K in my bank then in seats. :p

I found VWFS so easy to deal with. Had finance on my last 2 cars and the finance companies interrogated me, wanted to know everything from the toothpaste I use to my shoe size. :headhurt:

The dealer said VWFS would give me a call the same day, ask a few questions and give me a decision then and there and thats exactly what they did, I couldnt even remember my exact work address. :)

Unless you have anything adverse like your occupations a drugdealer or your still at primary school you should have no problems [B)]

toNes

Jun 26, 2007
London
I told the dealer I wanted 0% finance or im getting an astra, the max they could do was £4000, rather have 4K in my bank then in seats. :p

I found VWFS so easy to deal with. Had finance on my last 2 cars and the finance companies interrogated me, wanted to know everything from the toothpaste I use to my shoe size. :headhurt:

The dealer said VWFS would give me a call the same day, ask a few questions and give me a decision then and there and thats exactly what they did, I couldnt even remember my exact work address. :)

Unless you have anything adverse like your occupations a drugdealer or your still at primary school you should have no problems [B)]

Oh, VWFS are efficient..... I'm just saying they're not that competitive!

Far cheaper to take out a personal loan.......!

I'm just waiting till my loan finishes end of next year before i consider whether or not to trade my FR in for a newer model..... hehehehe...... :p

Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members