Anyone got their Tarraco yet?

Chris Smith

Mar 19, 2019
Had mine for a while now covered 2000 miles and loving it, some of the things my Ateca niggled me, The tarraco has been sorted i have a 2.0 tsi 190 bhp and getting between 32-36 mpg, Less if pushed a bit harder :)

Reactions: Tell

Chris Smith

Mar 19, 2019
Silly things but just make it a lot more complete

When you hit remote to lock the car the mirrors fold automatically do not have to hold key
on the car settings whatever screen you select Sports offroad when you start the car again it stays on that screen
you can know go back through the folders with the steering wheel controls on the usb
Little drop down trinket tray
A Lot better cup holders
when i fill up i no longer have to unlock the car twice to open the fuel flap
Rear wiper is larger and does not vibrate as much

Door pockets now have felt inside them

Do not get me wrong i loved the Ateca and covered 20,000 plus miles in it but the Tarraco has shown what 3 years development can do

Tell

Staff member
I was of the view that the Ateca was rushed out a bit quick which is why it was / is missing luxury inside - upset that other board. I paid £35,000 for mine with the trimmings and didn't expect to see all the plastic.

The locking they have rolled out to other models now but you can do the VCDS to force it to close the mirrors in on one press / touch etc. That was just extreme silliness by Seat.

I concluded the Sport business was that they didn't want diesel engines locked in Sport so they would never do a passive regeneration but rolled it out to petrol as well. It increased the chances of a passive regeneration rather than active if kept in Sport.

Filling, I lock up after I've filled.... that vibrating wiper, design fault on those VAG ones although mines not doing it at the minute. Did notice that of recent.

What put me off the Tarraco was that all the extras I bought on the Ateca I couldn't buy again they got dropped in the UK market, so I'd get a bigger car and if the extras were offered it would push it into the high car tax bracket in any case. It became a casualty of the currency shift due to Brexit. If you don't want the extras like the heated windscreen, navigation plus, full range of safety features they have dropped on the Ateca as well now it's fine... I know Seat are saying they are making it easy to buy a car by reducing choice (in the UK), just marketing defending their position of offering less choice to keep the prices down on European imports. There is also something else wrong in that sentence as well :).

Jimbobcook

Staff member
Nov 24, 2012
We going to get any of these Tarraco's at the nationals meet for us to have a look at? Not seen it since the release and it looked good!

Tell

Staff member
I'd be interested in your buying experience Tony once you pick it up. Its unsual. Fuel station just round the corner.... first stop.

Ps I got my economy and sport modes switched in the post above, oops ;). Why it reverts back and that was something they introduced latter. Then you have variations in whether it blinds the person behind on the auto parking brake or not. My DSG 2016 Ateca doesnt, manuals did of the same year.

Tell

Staff member
What do you mean it's unusual?

The glass boxed presentation pick up area in the basement where you get led. The 30 minute schedule between each handover since they only have one jewel box presentation area and the wave off at the car parking barrier 100 yards down the road of the multi-story car park. Bit different from driving away from a garage.

Best to get your sat nav destination in before you get out of the multi-story underground car park. We had no problems with the car except the 12volt fuse wasn't pushed into the fuse box which caused a slight moment as being navigator was fumbling USB leads between the 12v adaptor and the built in USB. Wasn't convinced they didn't have a battery eliminator on it to keep it live since they have them twinkling in the pick up box. The guy looked sheepish as I muttered about the 12volt wasn't working.

Tony Tonic

Jan 30, 2019
The glass boxed presentation pick up area in the basement where you get led. The 30 minute schedule between each handover since they only have one jewel box presentation area and the wave off at the car parking barrier 100 yards down the road of the multi-story car park. Bit different from driving away from a garage.

Best to get your sat nav destination in before you get out of the multi-story underground car park. We had no problems with the car except the 12volt fuse wasn't pushed into the fuse box which caused a slight moment as being navigator was fumbling USB leads between the 12v adaptor and the built in USB. Wasn't convinced they didn't have a battery eliminator on it to keep it live since they have them twinkling in the pick up box. The guy looked sheepish as I muttered about the 12volt wasn't working.
Yeah it's like buying white goods, a bit like ordering a Samsung tablet or a laptop from Apple. THey don't seem that interested in selling the cars and I don't mind that, no bullshit like usual dealers tryig to shift stock.
No worries about satnav, I know my way round the area.
I put my foot down a bit with them and they realised I am not their run of the mill customer as i said I don;t want the car washed nor touvhed as I am taking straight to my detailer to get ceramic coating applied so they got scared when I said I will inspect the car with a fine toothcomb and reject it if I dont' like or find any scrathces or damage. So they offered me to inspect the car when it arrivs, before they register it to avoid it becomeing a used car in case I reject.
Di n't know you bought from the same outfit? How did the servicing place take you on not having bought the car from them?

Last edited:

Tell

Staff member
Yeah it's like buying white goods, a bit like ordering a Samsung tablet or a laptop from Apple. THey don't seem that interested in selling the cars and I don't mind that, no bullshit like usual dealers tryig to shift stock.
Di n't know you bought from the same outfit? How did the servicing place take you on not having bought the car from them?

We registered it with the local Seat dealer and took out the service plan with them. They thought the White City place had them serviced and prepped locally but obviously not in the mall. As I mentioned before you get Seat UK MK number plates, the only other ones to my knowledge have Seat Press Office on them that they loan out. Perhaps they are all prepped by the same people.

Tony Tonic

Jan 30, 2019
We registered it with the local Seat dealer and took out the service plan with them. They thought the White City place had them serviced and prepped locally but obviously not in the mall. As I mentioned before you get Seat UK MK number plates, the only other ones to my knowledge have Seat Press Office on them that they loan out. Perhaps they are all prepped by the same people.
LB19...is that the SEAT UK MK number? What is Seat UK MK, what does that mean?

Tell

Staff member
LB19...is that the SEAT UK MK number?
The plate will have if like ours, Seat (UK) MK post code as the garage name on the bottom of the plate. Milton Keynes is 60 miles away. It will have a London issued number which will be your LB19 but names the garage as Seat (UK) MK :).

I'd be surprised if yours doesn't have the same. Bit curious but that's what they do marking it up as one of their central sales cars.

Alien51

Aug 4, 2016
How does it look in that colour? I've just placed an order for a indium grey Xcellence lux, I really wanted the dark camo to be honest, but the dealer was only offering discount on stock cars and was limited to grey and silver as that's what they had.

We chose grey as silver is a bit boring and makes the tarraco look too long & the indium is the closest to the Rhodium grey colour of our Ateca xcellence that we are parting with. Just hope it suits the car and doesn't look too bland.

Last edited:
Reactions: Tell

Tony Tonic

Jan 30, 2019
How does it look in that colour? I've just placed an order for a indium grey Xcellence lux, I really wanted the dark camo to be honest, but the dealer was only offering discount on stock cars and was limited to grey and silver as that's what they had.

We chose grey as silver is a bit boring and makes the tarraco look too long & the indium is the closest to the Rhodium grey colour of our Ateca xcellence that we are parting with. Just hope it suits the car and doesn't look too bland.
What colour? If you mean Dark Camo, it looks amazing, very dark and not too green, changes colour dependent on the sunlight

Alien51

Aug 4, 2016
What colour? If you mean Dark Camo, it looks amazing, very dark and not too green, changes colour dependent on the sunlight

Thanks I have already seen the dark camo one up close at a dealership and another on the road. It's very nice and would be my first choice, a close second would be the blue.

I was refering to the the Indium Grey one a member posted a pic of earlier in the thread. I have since ordered mine in the same colour, but not yet seen it in person. Sadly the discount I took advantage of was only available on two particular colours so I opted for the indium grey.

Just hoping it looks good, it can sometimes be hard to tell from pictures alone.

Should be picking it up next week if all goes to plan.

Tony Tonic

Jan 30, 2019
Thanks I have already seen the dark camo one up close at a dealership and another on the road. It's very nice and would be my first choice, a close second would be the blue.

I was refering to the the Indium Grey one a member posted a pic of earlier in the thread. I have since ordered mine in the same colour, but not yet seen it in person. Sadly the discount I took advantage of was only available on two particular colours so I opted for the indium grey.

Just hoping it looks good, it can sometimes be hard to tell from pictures alone.

Should be picking it up next week if all goes to plan.
Cool let us know how you find it when you pick it up. Indium grey is great. I’m guessing similar to rodium grey on the Ateca. I just love the camo green as this was their press release colour and that’s the first impression I got.

We’ve now covered 5000 miles, 2500 of which were long haul across Europe. The car has been faultless.
It’s roomy, refined, comfortable and quiet, we drove 21 hours to Croatia and to be honest I was tired but ok. In the old car I was dead, I needed two days to come back to normal.
A great family car. I love driving it and my wife who’s a nervous driver has no problems with the size and visibility. The rear windows are huge and wind all the way down. Great for the kids and it’s got tons of light inside.

The assistant systems have their quirks but function faultlessly. Park assist works great. I use it all the time. Didn’t think I would.
I love the car more and more. The engine is now much looser and am getting approx 40-45 mpg average (150 TDI manual) with a lot of town driving and short journeys.

raimsb6

Sep 19, 2018
I've owned the Tarraco for about 3 months/4000km and wanted to summarize my experience with the car. Overall I'm quite happy with it, good family car. However there are some quirks or small annoyances that I'll list here:

* I have Navigation plus option. To be honest it has been quite pointless extra option. The built-in wifi is almost useless. There is an app (SEAT Media Control) where one can change radio station or volume on the car via wifi. I personally don't like the idea of kids changing volume or changing songs from back seat. Other use of wifi is to give internet access through the phone's 4g connection. There is no SIM card slot. Most phones already have wifi hotspot option which is easier to setup and achieves the same result. The SSD for storing music is nice but the car already has 2 SD card slots + 2 USB for keeping music. And SD/USB memory card contents are easier to maintain. I would not miss the SSD at all. The infotainment has been rock solid though, no crashes or restarts what so ever. I have heard this may not be the case for non-plus option.

* I have optional DCC (adaptive suspension). To be honest the difference between suspension settings is barely noticeable. It first I even thought it is not working. I use it comfort setting most of the time but it is not much different from normal or even sport. Generally the suspension is not too harsh, even with 20" wheels.

* I use Waze (commuting) or Google Maps (going to unfamiliar destination) with Android Auto for navigation. But I have tested the factory navigation system a little and it has been disappointing. You cannot find many destinations with entering the name (for example name of hotel), you need to have an address. But even that is quite limited: for example it did not have my home or my work address even though these are not some new development or in some obscure area. The map itself is quite detailed with even most buildings on it, including those but no address for some reason. Google Maps and Waze are leaps and bounds better at finding destination. Routing is also sometimes strange - it gives you three route options but once I tried they were exactly the same. But it still asked to select one of them. At least once it asked to do a shortcut to save 200m through a very narrow dirt road which I know Waze does use. So yea not happy with it but I don't use it anyway so no problem for me. Also note that I am in Estonia, I realize most users here are from UK and it may have a better map info.

* As I said I use Android Auto for navigation. There are downsides of this - first of course is that you cannot show Google Maps/Waze map on instrument display. You cannot even show cars own map when navigation with phone (although strangely it sometimes works when using Waze but never with Google Maps). It cannot even display any navigation directions, it just says "navigation active on phone". I know this last one can be technically done, it works in Honda CRV for example. When using Google Maps then the right infotainment knob can be used for zooming but it does not work in Waze. One weird quirk is that when navigation is active on phone you cannot display compass on the instrument panel. I have no idea how is compass related to satellite navigation. Overall though for me Android Auto works great. You can listen to car radio while using Google Maps or car's own navigation while using music from Android Auto or any other combination.

* The car is really great for driving on highways. It feels very stable, like on rails. I have adaptive lane assist on which basically steers the car itself. The problem I sometimes have is that it gives me warning to keep my hands on the wheel even though I have both hands on the wheel already. It detects my hands with smallest wheel movement but if I am cruising on a long straight the car is so stable that I don't even need to give steering input so it gives me this annoying warning. To clear it I have to move the steering wheel a little. It does not happen in winding roads, only with long wide straight roads. This issue is not unique to Tarraco but I feel this is a limitation of the system. I hear some new cars have capacitive sensing of hands on wheels which would work better.

* It is my first car with start-stop system. I like it that car shuts down the engine when waiting for green light in the city. However it is often annoyingly shutting down just when the traffic starts moving. The user manual states that it can be controlled with how much pressure you apply to brakes to avoid start-stop shutting the engine. In my experience it doesn't always work though. Sometimes I barely press the brake to slow down but once it almost stopped it still shuts the engine. Start-stop can be disabled but it will be re-enabled every time you start to drive. Again this is not unique to Tarraco but I feel the controlling of start stop with brake pedal should be better, maybe even be configurable.

* Clips for holding 3rd row seat-belt that are designed to keep seat-belts tucked away to the side of the car when the 3rd row is not used. However they are not very good and half the time I pull the trunk cover it catches one of the seat-belts which is very annoying. They are exactly the same as in Tiguan Allspace, I don't know why could they not improve these.

Other than that everything works well. It seems like many issues but these are all minor (for me). I use adaptive cruise quite often and it has worked flawlessly. Car interior looks and feels great, it looks more expensive than it is. I have used the third row of seats several times (mostly for kids). There is not much room there but its great option to have when you need an extra seat or two. One thing I have never used is park assist. With topview, cameras and sensors parking this thing is easy, never felt the need for it. Fuel consumption (2.0 TSI) is about 7l/100km on highway and 9-10 l/100km in city.

Now waiting for winter to test 4 wheel drive and see how good are the lights. Ordered winter tires with 18" wheels, interesting to see how that affects comfort and noise compared to factory 20" wheels. Attached are a couple of photos from day of delivery.

Attachments

• DSC_0039.JPG
    DSC_0039.JPG
    1.1 MB · Views: 205
  • DSC_0042.JPG
    DSC_0042.JPG
    1.3 MB · Views: 215
Last edited:
Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members