Anyone had a clicking noise while driving?

Ads290ez

Mar 24, 2019
Hi All,

I have a 2019 Cupra 290 and last few days it has had a clicking/ticking noise at low speeds when turning, makes the clicking noise about 5/6 times then stops no other noises when i increase speed. I am getting a bit concerned it maybe the diff or something else, i know i have a warranty but the car is only 6 months old and done 2,800 miles so surely nothing should of gone

Anyone else have the same issue or any idea what it could be?

Its not happening all the time so i have not booked it in yet as i reckon it wont do it when they have it so ill just get my car back and look like a fool.

Thanks in advance

Ads290ez

Mar 24, 2019
On such a new car It wouldn't be CV's. have you checked for stones stuck in the tread?

I haven't checked as i could hear it coming from the middle of the car so engine gearbox area. Ill check the tyres tomorrow but this wouldn't go away as you go faster

Ads290ez

Mar 24, 2019
Any idea what this is?

its the creaky noise, been at seat for a week now and i have a 78bhp ibiza in the time being which is fastic..........

LouG

Dec 1, 2017
Nelson, New Zealand
I had a clicking noise with optional thumping for a while till the stone in the tread flew out. It seems much more common with the extra wide rain channels in UHP tyres.

Last edited:

Rick89

May 10, 2019
Had the same thing around 1500-2000 miles. Checked for stones in tyres, brakes etc found nothing. I'm glad to say it seemed to disappear after a couple of weeks so I'd say just stick with it and hope it's a lodged stone that shoots itself out over time.

Rick89

May 10, 2019
I have developed a really concerning wheezing noise however, at high revs. It's really hard to describe and only occurs when the gearbox is in sport and when the revs are held high before a gear change. Not giving anyone much to go off, but does this ring any bells with folks here?

Ads290ez

Mar 24, 2019
So an update on things,

Car was taken to the dealer on the 1st of September to be looked and they heard the noise so it was booked in. It was booked in for the 28th of September as thats the soonest they could do.

Since the 28th of September i have had my car back for a total of 3 days, it was with then for 3 weeks and has had new hubs and drive shafts and the noise is still there. The car was given back to them to have the gearbox and diff taken out and looked at but its been with them since the 21st and i have had no phone call or anything from them.

I have also made seat finance aware of the issue as im not 100% happy with a new car making a noise and clicking. I called them on the 11th and yet to hear anything back.

I have had another car for some of the time but a 80bhp ibiza isnt up to the job and now i have a leon 150hp fr so slightly better.

I am tempted to just ask for my car back as they dont seem in a rush to fix it and just drive it until something falls off then they might actually fix it.

Trying to get hold of anyone about it is much harder than it should be.

Overall not a happy chappy.

Ads290ez

Mar 24, 2019
Another update, Seat finance have been in touch and said the repair is taking too long so they are cancelling my lease and the vehicle is being returned, I am also going to receive a partial refund.

So that’s that sorted, I am going to order another one and hope this one works with no noises. And not use the dealership again for any service items.

I really enjoyed the car, the noise hasn’t put me off the car but the customer service of one dealership in particular has. So I simply won’t be using them ever again and hopefully enjoying my new car :)

Reactions: LouG
Nimbus hosting - Based solely in the UK.