P0134 - 35-00 - -

18010 - Power Supply Terminal 30: Voltage too Low

P1602 - 35-10 - - - Intermittent

16524 - Oxygen (Lambda) Sensor B1 S2: No Activity

P0140 - 35-00 - -

RichardBW

Jan 9, 2002
Leamington Spa
Probably nothing. If it drives ok with these cleared then its probably just a power disconnection at some point. Have you had a flat battery recently? a jump start would throw all these. Also if its been chipped then it could be the tuner forgot to reset the ECU afterwards?

RichardBW

Jan 9, 2002
Leamington Spa
could be ecu failure (this is Ibiza Cupra ECU code so common problem with these is water ingress due to stupid ECU location) possibly chip malfunction or short if it has a soldered in chip. Wiring loom short to earth, if this was the case with so many issues being thrown up I would be surprised if it runs. It should also be blowing fuses at some rate if there is a direct short in the wiring.

Shock_Xe

Richard@Forge said:
could be ecu failure (this is Ibiza Cupra ECU code so common problem with these is water ingress due to stupid ECU location) .

thinking same thing. Adam had water in his Jabba ECU, same thing happened to him, then eventually it wouldnt start

RichardBW

Jan 9, 2002
Leamington Spa
"A diff chip has been tried and its still the same"

a different chip in the zif/encryption socket? if so it may not be the chip, it could be the soldering on the legs of the socket.
If the ecu has been opened for a chip solder job then chances are it has been damp in the past as the re-seal and its daft location are not good. There are many cases of mk3 Ibiza ECU's getting waterlogged but they tend to stop running pretty quick. It looks like this one starts and runs ok but very poorly and in limp mode?

stealth_boy

Richard@Forge said:
"A diff chip has been tried and its still the same"

a different chip in the zif/encryption socket? if so it may not be the chip, it could be the soldering on the legs of the socket.
If the ecu has been opened for a chip solder job then chances are it has been damp in the past as the re-seal and its daft location are not good. There are many cases of mk3 Ibiza ECU's getting waterlogged but they tend to stop running pretty quick. It looks like this one starts and runs ok but very poorly and in limp mode?

Yeah it starts and drives ok, was just hammering down a country lane one night, braked hard for a 90 degree right hander and when i tried to accelerate out thats when it went flat (in to limp mode).

Took it out yesterday and it just did the norm, runs ok in limp mode.

I will be checking all fuses and battery connections and any earth points in the light tomorrow.

Would a standard ecu plugged in wrok (just to see if it runs without limp mode with it on???

Thanks everyone for all your help, it is very much appreciated and helps me see glimmers of light at the end of the tunnel.

Gav

Gav

b4ruc

Black Cupra Beauty
Nov 23, 2003
Hawarden (nr chester)
Visit site
i had my car chipped bye jabba and the ecu is ****ed had to have a new one still waitin for it to arrive. then have it re chipped again. jabba said this is a really big problem for ibizas. now seat dealership in the country stock them you have to order them from aboard. two weeks since i ordered mine still havnt got it.
Does any body know how to prevent this form happening again to the new ecu. ?
mine just locked the imboliser completely and wouldnt even let the seat dignostic computer acces it at all. also had loads of lights flashing on the dash.

ibizacupra

Jack-RIP my little Friend
Jul 25, 2001
glos.uk
b4ruc said:
i had my car chipped bye jabba and the ecu is ****ed had to have a new one still waitin for it to arrive. then have it re chipped again. jabba said this is a really big problem for ibizas. now seat dealership in the country stock them you have to order them from aboard. two weeks since i ordered mine still havnt got it.
Does any body know how to prevent this form happening again to the new ecu. ?
mine just locked the imboliser completely and wouldnt even let the seat dignostic computer acces it at all. also had loads of lights flashing on the dash.

The weakness for water ingress is the diabolical attempt by SEAT to stick on a stupid strip of plastic which only covers the ecu at the connector end, and is only stuck on so falls off when damp... Go figure.. it falls off. :rolleyes:

Make yourself a cover or bag which prevents water from landing on the ecu or its end... else it may happen again.

RichardBW

Jan 9, 2002
Leamington Spa
Standard, un-touched ECU's have failed due to water ingress so its not entirely the fault of the solder chip tuning brigade. I ran around with a UPS parcel bag heavily taped around my ECU for some time. It was the heaviest grade plastic I could find in the office at the time.
Even washing the car was a risky business
:thumbd: to SEAT on this fantastic design.

stealth_boy

Richard@Forge said:
Standard, un-touched ECU's have failed due to water ingress so its not entirely the fault of the solder chip tuning brigade. I ran around with a UPS parcel bag heavily taped around my ECU for some time. It was the heaviest grade plastic I could find in the office at the time.
Even washing the car was a risky business
:thumbd: to SEAT on this fantastic design.

I will be doing this - UPS sounds good!

I am still in the process of getting someone local who is an expert on VAG tuning to have a look at it.

Should mention here that from time to time ecu's for ibiza 20vT's appear on ebay.

I am going to trey another ecu on to see if it cures the problem, will keep you all posted.

Cheers to everyone for the help

Gav

stealth_boy

Madmile said:
The car is sorted it was a £20 repair i hear and a 2 min job. Lets hope Gav can spread more light on the subject for future reference.

OK, so yesterday we found a plug with black tape on the wires up to it. We uncovered the wires to find both (red+yellow 1 and green 1 i think) had melted through at some point. The red and yellow wire supplies power to all the main sensors ie maf, lambda etc so we checked the fuses to reveal a 10amp blown. Replaced this and all faults went.

The interesting bit is that this all started 3 or more weeks ago when it all went into limp mode while hammering down a country lane, the car went to the dealers pretty much straight away and they said it was down to the ecu, but why were these wires taped up? My question is, had this plug not been put back on right when they fitted my turbo? Could it have come away and melted on to the rocker cover causing the above? Could the dealers have then found it but not thought it was the problem? I think so.

Many thanks to everyone for help and support in this.

Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.