Anyone here ever bought a big turbo kit from these guys?

csd_19

May 11, 2005
Angus / Edinburgh
Have to agree with all of that but people have bent rods on less power so proceed with caution. Theres seems to be more stress to the rods on hybrid set ups than BT.

Yep folk have "ventilated" their blocks on an extremely aggressive ko3s setup, the low rev torque spikes are a killer (also applicable with the hybrids)

Pat,

How many years & miles have you been Jabba'd for now?

traumapat

Leon Cupra IHI
Jul 24, 2005
sunny sussex
Yep folk have "ventilated" their blocks on an extremely aggressive ko3s setup, the low rev torque spikes are a killer (also applicable with the hybrids)

Pat,

How many years & miles have you been Jabba'd for now?

around 28k on the current set up 2007 if memory serves. Ive had temp sender and thermostat die during that time. It gets used less now but didnt put a foot wrong being a daily commuter for 2 years.

It gets bi yearly oil changes on top of usual servicing but otherwise its easy to live with.

I dont think its a case of can the auq cope with 300+ bhp because it has and does, But will it cope with a particular turbo, map and set up. If in doubt get the rods done.:)

Mo Arif

V.A.G Planet
May 5, 2010
Birmingham
After thinking about this very carefully, I have decided, I'm NOT going big turbo or K04........

Reasons:

It's cheaper to buy a faster car factory built

It's cheaper to tune a factory built performance car

After declaring mods etc to insurance the LC becomes as expensive to insure as the above

The lack of 4WD system to plant the power down from a LC

Would never get even half my money back

The VAG engines are too fussy / fiddly, turbo's right at the back and generally a PITA to do what SHOULD BE simple turbo swap. Too much breather systems, too much silly valves, which commonly keep going after 2-3 years.....

VAG Car parts are well expensive then other car makers, I always seem to be paying over the odds for generic service parts, and tuning parts, and well just parts

for e.g.

A full system on a Evo/Subaru costs £300, made from High Grade SS from a top brand and inferior system for a VAG based car cost £4-600?!!! and more, doesn't make any sense, more material is used for a Evo/Saburu's 3+ inch bore, bigger bacbox?!!.........

Overall I think VAG are too fussy when you start tuning them, and without spending silly money you don't really see big gains. This opinion is based a first time VAG buyer (my LC)

Ok the PLUS SIDE:

I've decided I'm going to keep my car, and enjoy it for it is and what I've done to it, I'm going to stick with my current set-up and just improve it slightly here and there, and begin tarting the car up a little bit

In the future It's going to be one of the following cars I buy (in no particular order):

Mazda RX-7 Single Turbo
Mitsubishi Lancer Evo 7 or above
Mitsubishi Lancer Evo 1,2 or 3, mint / grade 4 condition
Nissan Pulsar GTi-R mint / grade 4 condition
Mazda 323 Turbo
Nissan Skyline R32
Nissan Skyline R33
Nissan 200SX
*cringes a little bit being an Evo man* Subaru Impreza STI .... has to be something at least a little special

If I'm feeling old and battered by then, I may consider

a 4WD VAG car

Apr 12, 2008
Faggot. I know many many people on here to tune VAG cars to huge power and run as a daily driver with little issue. All of the cars you have mentioned are notoriously unreliable. 200sx, they eat big end bearings and turbos, pulsar gtir eats gearboxes clutches and pistons, Mazda rx7 need rebuilding every 50k, eat oil, and never start. Mazda 323, lol! Terrible cars, the list goes on! You will have way more problems with anyone of those other cars tbh. Just big turbo this one, do it right, and it will see you for a long time yet.

Mo Arif

V.A.G Planet
May 5, 2010
Birmingham
Faggot. I know many many people on here to tune VAG cars to huge power and run as a daily driver with little issue. All of the cars you have mentioned are notoriously unreliable. 200sx, they eat big end bearings and turbos, pulsar gtir eats gearboxes clutches and pistons, Mazda rx7 need rebuilding every 50k, eat oil, and never start. Mazda 323, lol! Terrible cars, the list goes on! You will have way more problems with anyone of those other cars tbh. Just big turbo this one, do it right, and it will see you for a long time yet.

First off, Go finger yourself before you drop them big boy words, I'm not a faggot, far from it, You must have mistaken me for some *****, don't think I'm gona tolerate aggressive comments from you, which to be honest you seem to make a lot on 'forums' I've come across people like you many times, you don't last long. So keep this sensible yeah.

Secondly, I know the pro's and con's of all the car's I listed as I have experienced if not owned some of them in the past, and imo the payoff for all their niggles is way better.

I was at inters yesterday, my first VAG show, well 2nd and tbh the only fast cars I saw on the strup from the VAG range was a stripped out mk1 golf with ££££££'s spent on it and a Audi RS 4 with £££'s spent on it.

MOROalTT

Mar 19, 2011
USA
WOW ! some heavy/crappy comments this is the first time I have come across such

a negative respond to somebody's opinion. Anybody from the US as that is what of US forums

are like not all but some big ones..... that is one reason I like UK forums you might get some

banter mostly in good fun...... but Woooowwww OH! by the way NY State passed same sex

marriages just a FYI. [B)]

5806260537_90579eb044_b.jpg

Peace.......

L8R....... [B)]

Mo Arif

V.A.G Planet
May 5, 2010
Birmingham
WOW ! some heavy/crappy comments this is the first time I have come across such

a negative respond to somebody's opinion. Anybody from the US as that is what of US forums

are like not all but some big ones..... that is one reason I like UK forums you might get some

banter mostly in good fun...... but Woooowwww OH! by the way NY State passed same sex

marriages just a FYI. [B)]

5806260537_90579eb044_b.jpg

Peace.......

L8R....... [B)]

LOL! is it not possible to get married to anything in America, i'm sure I read someone got married to their horse / car there

MOROalTT

Mar 19, 2011
USA
LOL! is it not possible to get married to anything in America, i'm sure I read someone got married to their horse / car there

I am sure it is legal in some states some crazy laws out there..... I know people in their Wills leave money to their animals some seem OK till the animal dies for care and such but millions now that is a bit off IMO.......

I am getting a bit more familiar with this cars

L8R.. [B)]

JamJay

California Bound
Bottom line, all cars get (more) unreliable in a higher state of tune, even factory ones. I agree that VAG is over-sensored and over-engineered but they reward you well when done right.

Personally I think you've made the right decision Mo, you need to be 100% committed to keep the car if you go BT for the money it'll cost you and you don't sound convinced that you will keep is such a long time. I'd love to do BT, LSD etc to mine but I know I won't keep it long enough to justify it.

oldskool

Mo , I think you did the right thing bro, just keep it as it is as you wont even get half back of what you put into it, just enjoy it. If you want something with bigger power either go jap or maybe have a look at Audi S2, fantastic cars and rapid! Mind you, the wife may have something to say huh? Have you fitted them coilovers yet?

Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.