Anyone know why this is happening? (Wishbone bush)

Connor H

Dec 19, 2019
Essex
I got these fitted not a year ago, and as you can see the drivers rear bush is splitting and causing a knock over surfaces.

there was some deliberation on how they fit on pressed wishbones but it’s the correct fitting.

I’ve contacted powerflex already but would like to know if it’s something I can avoid happening again.

a3f662bcb82295f580cd7f654005b233.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Manic172

https://m.facebook.com/ManicMotorsport1
Dec 4, 2018
Hemel hempstead
www.seatcupra.net
It looks like it's stretched the Bush.. could be the wrong Bush. Or it's been contaminated with some oil or solvent and then gone soft.... or a **** batch of material when made

Connor H

Dec 19, 2019
Essex
It looks like it's stretched the Bush.. could be the wrong Bush. Or it's been contaminated with some oil or solvent and then gone soft.... or a **** batch of material when made

Yeah it looks stretched for sure, it’s the right bush and everything I’ve been checking. I’ll make sure the wishbone bolt is tight but I’m pretty certain it is.

They have lifetime guarantee so I’m sure they’ll replace it.

iammooks

Nov 27, 2018
I got these fitted not a year ago, and as you can see the drivers rear bush is splitting and causing a knock over surfaces.

there was some deliberation on how they fit on pressed wishbones but it’s the correct fitting.

I’ve contacted powerflex already but would like to know if it’s something I can avoid happening again.

a3f662bcb82295f580cd7f654005b233.jpg

Holy **** that looks terrifying. I thought Powerflex made bushes specifically for the cast arms so for them to look like that after a year...

Zephyr

Just send it!
Dec 28, 2020
Madrid (SPAIN)
Get the Meyle HD bushings (their and Febi Bilstein are the OEM suppliers). The HD version is a reinforced (more firm stan OEM stock) one. Used them on my E60 Series 5 who ate for breakfast the stock ones and on my Leon and Altea cars.

Definitely, check the HD ones... you will not return to stock ones and you'll be spared of the crappy powerflex ones.

Reactions: Connor H

Connor H

Dec 19, 2019
Essex
Get the Meyle HD bushings (their and Febi Bilstein are the OEM suppliers). The HD version is a reinforced (more firm stan OEM stock) one. Used them on my E60 Series 5 who ate for breakfast the stock ones and on my Leon and Altea cars.

Definitely, check the HD ones... you will not return to stock ones and you'll be spared of the crappy powerflex ones.

If I get no luck with powerflex I’ll check these out, thanks

iammooks

Nov 27, 2018
If I get no luck with powerflex I’ll check these out, thanks

My SuperPro ones cost me under £80 for both sides, front and rear bushes. I'm sure Thai will know how well they work on forged arms.

Did you see what they looked like when they were put in? They just look like either they were the wrong size to begin with or they've stretched, which is a fail in my book.

Connor H

Dec 19, 2019
Essex

These look good?

Oi these look interesting too, seem like upgraded standard style ones. Didn’t realise they were an option and I’m seeing the rear bush on these wishbones is problematic

Connor H

Dec 19, 2019
Essex
My SuperPro ones cost me under £80 for both sides, front and rear bushes. I'm sure Thai will know how well they work on forged arms.

Did you see what they looked like when they were put in? They just look like either they were the wrong size to begin with or they've stretched, which is a fail in my book.

That’s cheap! I thought powerflex were better than superpro but from online opinion it seems the other way around, and they’re cheaper. I actually have flo flex, super pro and powerflex bushes currently fitted haha.

And yeah they went in fine I remember seeing them time and time again being under the car. It might be a case of my car being too low as the wishbones point upward and is probably straining the bushes too much.

JimsFR

Nov 21, 2020
North West
I was told that putting just one set of polybushes will lead to problems and that you have to do all the bushes at the same time??‍♂️

iammooks

Nov 27, 2018
That’s cheap! I thought powerflex were better than superpro but from online opinion it seems the other way around, and they’re cheaper. I actually have flo flex, super pro and powerflex bushes currently fitted haha.

And yeah they went in fine I remember seeing them time and time again being under the car. It might be a case of my car being too low as the wishbones point upward and is probably straining the bushes too much.

The impression I get of SuperPro is that they know most people are going to use the bushes for road use and aren't going to be tracking their cars, so they're a little more compliant and comfortable, while Powerflex tend to focus on the performance side.

Reactions: Connor H
SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise