Anyone tried these yet?

john_tdi

mmm 385lbft
Feb 21, 2007
s wales
crn discs are rubbish arnt they.

They dont look like the brembo sport hp pads, just look like a stock pad to me. I just bought the brembo sport hp pads and they were 90ish quid alone.

I'm using nitrac grooved discs and can't fault them.

I wouldnt buy drilled discs as they will more than likely crack too.

I bet they are just cheapo discs they have just drilled/grooved themselves.

Buy cheap buy twice I recon mate.

Mr OCD

May 1, 2008
Manchester, UK
crn discs are rubbish arnt they.

They dont look like the brembo sport hp pads, just look like a stock pad to me. I just bought the brembo sport hp pads and they were 90ish quid alone.

I'm using nitrac grooved discs and can't fault them.

I wouldnt buy drilled discs as they will more than likely crack too.

I bet they are just cheapo discs they have just drilled/grooved themselves.

Buy cheap buy twice I recon mate.

Where did you get Nitracs? - I've had them before and been excellent!

csd_19

May 11, 2005
Angus / Edinburgh
Went onto Eurocarparts to price up discs and pads - 312mm Pagid discs and pads are £98.05 after using the 'PARTS25' code.

Then went to www.carparts4less.co.uk and priced the same parts - this time £85.94 after using the "CP10LESS" code.

CP4L are a sister company to ECP, just that they don't have anywhere to take stuff back to if its wrong ;)

Apr 13, 2011
hull
I look at these for my Ibiza Cupra but have a mate with some the disc quilty don't look very good to me so I went with brembo maxi groved discs in stead alot better quilty

nd-photo.nl

Mar 6, 2012
The Netherlands
www.nd-photo.nl

Mr OCD

May 1, 2008
Manchester, UK
Went onto Eurocarparts to price up discs and pads - 312mm Pagid discs and pads are £98.05 after using the 'PARTS25' code.

Then went to www.carparts4less.co.uk and priced the same parts - this time £85.94 after using the "CP10LESS" code.

CP4L are a sister company to ECP, just that they don't have anywhere to take stuff back to if its wrong ;)

Cheers but they aren't grooved disks fella...

Mr OCD

May 1, 2008
Manchester, UK
@Mr OCD
Get some at Brake Depot, I ordered slotted discs just (312mm front and 232mm back) for under €200 delivered in the Netherlands. Front ones are Pagid and back ones are Juratek, both well known brands afaik.

They are currently reworking their website > http://www.brakedepot.co.uk/shop/index.php

Im fitting them today

Juratek & Pagid Slotted discs by ND-Photo.nl, on Flickr

Pagid 312mm Slotted disc by ND-Photo.nl, on Flickr

Juratek 232mm Slotted solid disc by ND-Photo.nl, on Flickr

Look great but website is a mess so cannot order.

Mr OCD

May 1, 2008
Manchester, UK
Ahh, hadn't realised you were after grooved ones :)

Not managed to find those grooved Pagids anywhere? Not listed on Pagid's site either. They used to do an 8-groove one as well....

Nope no luck at all ...

Only options so far are:

Brembo Max Discs (OE replacement not an upgrade)
Nitrax Grooved Discs (expensive at nearly £200)
EBC Ultimax (I'm not a fan of EBC discs)

Kambo

Mar 28, 2013
Hants
Ok maybe its just me but I won't put cross drilled discs on my car, grooved yes but not cross drilled

If you've been in a car where a disc has snapped due to cheap cross drilled discs you'll understand, this was on a track car and I was a passenger

Yes they look good if your into that maccy d's car park sh!te but in all honesty you are much better off just getting grooved ones as anything that has been drilled into is a just asking for trouble when its going to be getting hot and cold constantly, it just makes it a serious weak point for what you are asking, look at the price and its on ebay?

Hey its only brakes...

john_tdi

mmm 385lbft
Feb 21, 2007
s wales
Ok maybe its just me but I won't put cross drilled discs on my car, grooved yes but not cross drilled

If you've been in a car where a disc has snapped due to cheap cross drilled discs you'll understand, this was on a track car and I was a passenger

Yes they look good if your into that maccy d's car park sh!te but in all honesty you are much better off just getting grooved ones as anything that has been drilled into is a just asking for trouble when its going to be getting hot and cold constantly, it just makes it a serious weak point for what you are asking, look at the price and its on ebay?

Hey its only brakes...

agreed. drilled discs crack, simple...

Even good quality drilled discs can crack, let alone a cheapo one.

Drilled discs save weight for hill sprints etc.

csd_19

May 11, 2005
Angus / Edinburgh
Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.