FMIC Advice Needed

SlashProm

May 23, 2018
I've been meaning to install a front mount kit for a while but I keep getting mixed information. I've been told to stay away from the ebay kits as they have 2" piping which is basically the same as the standard piping and told they also have sharp bends which make them even worse of a product.

The R-Tech guides recommend a welly core with 2.25" piping from the hotside to keep some pressure and 2.5" piping to the cold side. I'd rather build my own than pay badge money for forge ones etc.

Anyway I was looking on ebay and I found a toyosports kit with 2.5" outlets and looking at the pictures there is only one step-down silicone piece which comes from the turbo. I can't get any specs on it but am I right in thinking it is 2.25 from the turbo eventually becoming 2.5" the rest of the way? Here is the link.

Connor H

Dec 19, 2019
Essex
What do you have LCR or LC?

I’ve recently gone through the eBay kit route with some success, so can help give you measurements if it helps

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

SlashProm

May 23, 2018
It's an LC AUQ engine. The basic ebay kits have specs and they are 51mm pipes or 2". But I'm wondering if this toyo one is bigger. Because it has 2.5" inlet and outlet to the cooler and no stepdowns in the silicone besides the one out of the turbo. Looking at the pics it seems to step up from 2.25" out of the turbo eventually becoming 2.5". I might have to message the seller for specs.

Connor H

Dec 19, 2019
Essex
It’s almost impossible to tell from the picture unfortunately.

What I can tell you is the turbo outlet is 2” on our car

SlashProm

May 23, 2018
Well going off the pictures, there is only one silicone joiner that dropped in size in the whole kit and that's the one off the turbo. So either the piping from the turbo is 1-3/4" and steps right down to 2.5" the rest of the way which is doubtful. Or more than likely the joiner steps the first pipe up to 2.25" and then about 3 pieces in on the hotside the pipe expands to 2.5" and it's 2.5" the rest of the way. If so this would be perfect. I know you can sure the bigger "welly cooler" for the big turbo builds. But with that sized core and 2.25" from the hot side stepping up to 2.5" it should be a perfect setup. Still waiting on a reply from the seller. Surprised there isn't more info out there or specs off the seller or the toyo site, considering how popular the setup is

Connor H

Dec 19, 2019
Essex
Well going off the pictures, there is only one silicone joiner that dropped in size in the whole kit and that's the one off the turbo. So either the piping from the turbo is 1-3/4" and steps right up to 2.5" the rest of the way which is doubtful. Or more than likely the joiner steps the first pipe up to 2.25" and then about 3 pieces in on the hotside the pipe expands to 2.5" and it's 2.5" the rest of the way. If so this would be perfect. I know you can sure the bigger "welly cooler" for the big turbo builds. But with that sized core and 2.25" from the hot side stepping up to 2.5" it should be a perfect setup. Still waiting on a reply from the seller. Surprised there isn't more info out there or specs off the seller or the toyo site, considering how popular the setup is

Yeah that sounds pretty spot on and fit for purpose, Shoukd be minimal lag. Shame there isn’t a picture of it assembled as in having a hard time seeing the routing on the hot side.

I have noticed that people use the keyword toyo in their generic fmic ads but tbh they all like they’ll do the job either way

Yours also looks better as you’ve got both pipe take offs whereas I had to fashion one for the n75(on the coupler). Plus my DV pipe is in a horrendous place.
469fadb4b6becdde49f2d0f60b2c61ab.jpg

SlashProm

May 23, 2018
Yeah my DV sits at an angle like 2mm above the rocker cover with my silicone tip on it. I was looking into making up my own kit so I know what you mean, Maf sensor boss, and a "self seating take-off" for the n75, wither welded into the charge pipe, in in most cases as I don't have a tig, screwed into the joiner. I'm hoping I'm right with the specs of the toyo one though, I'd rather pay the same price if not less for a complete kit as apposed to making my own and all the headaches with bends and adding a bead and stuff. I just want to avoid putting anything on it that's smaller and worse flowing.

Bendubiard_

Jan 26, 2020
Hey have you got a link for the hard pipe kit ? Ive been looking for one for a while now but they all seem to be 2”

Connor H

Dec 19, 2019
Essex
Hey have you got a link for the hard pipe kit ? Ive been looking for one for a while now but they all seem to be 2”

I was looking recently for a generic pipe set but none had beading on the pipes so waste of money.

Or are you looking for the fmic kit with the hard pipes?

Bendubiard_

Jan 26, 2020
I was looking recently for a generic pipe set but none had beading on the pipes so waste of money.

Or are you looking for the fmic kit with the hard pipes?

ive got the fmic and a couple 45’s and bends just need a few more and the one with the n75 nipple so was gonna get a hardpipe kit and use some bits

Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.