Anyone used the tyre mobility kit?

Bogwoppit

Aug 30, 2005
Lincs
The scissor jack that comes with the mk3 platforms is a full scissor, so it's a little better than the jack that came with the mk2 platforms that is only a half scissor.

Mr Pig

Jun 17, 2015
The scissor jack that comes with the mk3 platforms is a full scissor, so it's a little better than the jack that came with the mk2 platforms that is only a half scissor.

When I looked at the time I found that Skoda kit which you recommended for sale with both types of jack under the same part number. I mailed the eBay seller I bought it from to confirm that it came with the bigger jack. The jack is identical to the one sold for other Mk3/MBQ cars but it looked like they were using half-jacks too. I could be wrong, but that's what it looked like at the time.

Bogwoppit

Aug 30, 2005
Lincs
This is the kit I bought, it's the Octavia mk3 spare wheel tool kit (Non vRS models):

http://www.superskoda.com/Skoda/OCTAVIA-III/Octavia-III-original-Skoda-kit-for-spare-wheel-change

5E0093860.jpg

5E0093860-2.jpg

5E0093860-3.jpg

5E0093860-4.jpg

Mr Pig

Jun 17, 2015
This is the kit I bought, it's the Octavia mk3 spare wheel tool kit (Non vRS models)

Yip, and on your recommendation I bought the same one. It's perfect. What I found though was that two kits were sold under the same part number. One had the full jack, one the half jack.

R22 JGB

SEAT Leon FR184 DSG
Aug 29, 2010
Gateshead
In answer to the OP, I have used the tyre goo a couple of times and found it works well. I got a puncture in a rear tyre close to the shoulder, tyre repairers would not touch it so I used a Holts can then drove the car for another 10k before selling it. However there are times when to goo will not work, that is when you need a spare wheel
I did have an Octavia Scout which came without a spare wheel, I bought the Octavia tool kit and used a winter wheel as the spare.
The Scout has now been replaced by a Leon 184DSG so I transferred the Jack etc into the Leon. But the wheel well is not very deep and a standard wheel lifts the boot carpet quite a bit, so I bought a space saver off eBay
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/252488470053?_trksid=p2055119.m1438.l2649&ssPageName=STRK:MEBIDX:IT
The boot carpet is back to where it should be, I' carrying a spare also the repair kit.
Incidentally, the Octavia tool kit is now going spare if anyone wishes to contact me.....

kazand

Is powered by Medtronics
Jun 6, 2010
Brum
I'd rather poo in my hands and clap than rely on a can of foam. The last four punctures I have had could not have been fixed with it. Meaning I'd have been stranded . Hence why I spec a spare, even if it is a space saver.
As part of my job I cover distilleries in the Highlands and islands of Scotland, in certain areas a spare could be a lifesaver.

Seastormer

Cupra Leon VZ2 300/CBF1000
Apr 25, 2014
Edinburgh (Scotland)
I'd rather poo in my hands and clap than rely on a can of foam. The last four punctures I have had could not have been fixed with it. Meaning I'd have been stranded . Hence why I spec a spare, even if it is a space saver.
As I live in Scotland near the borders, in certain areas a spare could be a lifesaver.

Same for me, bar the job.

Last edited:

Mr Pig

Jun 17, 2015
Helpful info, ta, what spare wheel did you use?

This kit fits the standard 16'' Leon SE-type wheels perfectly. There is a different kit with the same tools but a different shape of foam box which fits larger wheels, I can't remember what size of wheel.