APP engine remap results..?

Foxy

200bhp **** member no. 1
Oct 25, 2003
Daventry
www.pug306.net
Just curious, those of you out there with the APP engine....

If you have had a remap what were the results? And who mapped it etc.

I ask because Im having mine mapped on friday and just want to know what to expect. Ill be chuffed with 200bhp and 210lb/ft not expecting too much am I?

m0rk

sarcasm comes free
Staff member
May 19, 2001
Clanfield, UK
These are the non VVT ones right?

200bhp/240lbft I'd say realistically assuming some decent boost

else just drag the torque down 30lbft

danieltm

Bit of Jabba magic!
Aug 26, 2006
Norwich
I also have an APP and was thinking of getting revo but if i cant get to 200bhp i dont think i will bother? Will i make 200 or maybe not?

Big_daddy

Going going gone.....
Oct 20, 2006
Brummy
Ive got a app engine! (but with ko3s turbo). a remap will be worth the money as the pull will be alot stronger. You never get bored playing with it!

danieltm

Bit of Jabba magic!
Aug 26, 2006
Norwich
big lad, Did you change you turbo to a ko3s? If so where can i get one and how much will i need to pay? Buy the way i did try the revo free trial and my car felt a LOT faster but dont know if it got to 200BHP? i just dont want to spend £400 and not get much for my money.

RobM

Back from the dead...
Sep 27, 2006
Southampton
maybe because neither offer switching, adjustments or security features?

Not everybody is interested in that though to be fair. Personally, the only thing I'd like is the switching so I can turn it off if I need to, but even that I could live without.

BCM

Keyboard Gangster
Feb 1, 2005
Wishaw, North Lanarkshire
Not everybody is interested in that though to be fair. Personally, the only thing I'd like is the switching so I can turn it off if I need to, but even that I could live without.

snap, i'd preffer a really good map, with good power and plenty of torque rather than extra features, only me that really drives it and i have an alarm, so no need imho

Big_daddy

Going going gone.....
Oct 20, 2006
Brummy
big lad, Did you change you turbo to a ko3s? If so where can i get one and how much will i need to pay? Buy the way i did try the revo free trial and my car felt a LOT faster but dont know if it got to 200BHP? i just dont want to spend £400 and not get much for my money.

Well No! The previous owner did, noticed a month later! To be honest stick with ko3 turbo instead of upgrading. you engine doesnt have the VVT so you may still no see much gain!
They cost aroun £200 -£300 depending on the condition!

Get a cc, bell, or P torque remap which may be cheaper!

danieltm

Bit of Jabba magic!
Aug 26, 2006
Norwich
Good idea! I will shop around and see what is out there? I dont really know too much about remaps? revo is just well known on here thats why i was going to go for that but im sure there are lots of others around. I will do a search to find out more. Thanks for the advice everyone!