Apple CarPlay volume

Dov21

Aug 20, 2012
Hi

Just picked up my Leon Cupra 300 ST today, very impressed!!!

I have searched the forum for the answer to this question but can’t find it.

when I am listening to the radio and then put on Spotify on CarPlay, I have to turn up the volume significantly. If I then switch back to the radio, the volume is deafening!!!

does anyone know how to sync the volume between the radio and Spotify?

sorry if this has already been asked but I can’t find the answer.

Thanks

Damo H

Remind me, what's an indicator?
Staff member
Oct 3, 2012
Car Length In Front
Hi

Just picked up my Leon Cupra 300 ST today, very impressed!!!

I have searched the forum for the answer to this question but can’t find it.

when I am listening to the radio and then put on Spotify on CarPlay, I have to turn up the volume significantly. If I then switch back to the radio, the volume is deafening!!!

does anyone know how to sync the volume between the radio and Spotify?

sorry if this has already been asked but I can’t find the answer.

Thanks
I may leading you up a blind ally here but try increasing the volume on the phone itself when all connected.

Dov21

Aug 20, 2012
I may leading you up a blind ally here but try increasing the volume on the phone itself when all connected.
Yeah I tried that but the volume on my phone was already at maximum, not sure if there was a way to sync the volume for both radio and CarPlay

The Daily Meme

Insta: @thatredcupra
Jan 3, 2018
Cambridge
Hi,

Your answer has been asked before but in relation to android auto. I only know this because I had read these threads before.

From the threads it would appear there is a setting within the "setup" area of the media tab called "Auxilliary Volume". Adjusting this will change the volume of the bluetooth audio.

I have the same issue on my M1B1, albeit it worked slightly differently to car play as carplay lets you asjust the volume from your phone i beleive. There was a setting which allowed you to adjust the volume of the bluetooth input relative to the car volume to prevent your phone from being louder or quieter than the volume of the radio/CD player.

Here are the relative threads:

Dov21

Aug 20, 2012
Hi,

Your answer has been asked before but in relation to android auto. I only know this because I had read these threads before.

From the threads it would appear there is a setting within the "setup" area of the media tab called "Auxilliary Volume". Adjusting this will change the volume of the bluetooth audio.

I have the same issue on my M1B1, albeit it worked slightly differently to car play as carplay lets you asjust the volume from your phone i beleive. There was a setting which allowed you to adjust the volume of the bluetooth input relative to the car volume to prevent your phone from being louder or quieter than the volume of the radio/CD player.

Here are the relative threads:
Thanks for the reply, I will play about with the settings tomorrow and see if it helps

HighFlyingBird

2016 Leon FR 1.4 150 in Chilli Red 2019 - 2020
Jan 15, 2019
Leeds
On the home page in the Spotify app on your phone go into the settings in the top right and then click playback. Set the volume to loud, I found that it helps a bit

Sword

Apr 22, 2019
Winchester
I have the same with android auto.

Changed every setting possible on both my phone and the car and no change. Learned to accept it now and google maps with live traffic is quite important on my commute.

williamxb

Mar 11, 2019
Oxfordshire
Phone audio volume is automatically maxed out in CarPlay and Android Auto - what would be the point putting your phone through the car to avoid touching your phone, when you have to touch your phone to put the volume up!

CarPlay and AA are definitely quieter than BT/Radio but certainly not 60% in my car, but either way it doesn't bug me because I rarely use BT or radio anyway!

Worth checking your equaliser in Spotify, you put that up a little as it does apply in CarPlay - settings, playback, equalizer. - mine's almost a U shape with a little more bass and treble.

jeddy74

Feb 11, 2018
Same issue in my ‘18 Ibiza. Don’t think there’s any workaround to getting the volume up. If I need to use Spotify to access something other than next song, I’ll do this in CarPlay then revert back to BT audio. Song continues without issue and volume noticeably louder.

Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.