Arm rest

Cupraboy4

CUPRA TDi
Mar 20, 2006
WEST MIDS
hI, i FITTED A BLACK LEATHER ARM REST (FROM SAME COMPANY) IN MY LEON CUPRA, TOOK ABOUT AN HOUR TO FIT AND ITS THE BEST INVESTMENT EVER ON LONG TRIPS!!! YOU ONLY NEED TO CUT THE SMALL COIN HOLDER OUT WHICH IS LOCATED NEAR THE REAR PASSENGER ASH TRAY! :think: GOOD LUCK!![B)]

schnipps

Apr 17, 2006
Yeah i do aswell, basically everything you need bar the strengthened bracket, anyone going to risk it? Seems a bargain over the 120 quid dealer job, even if it looks worse than the dealer one it wouldnt bother me as long as it did the job and didnt fall to bits.

Cupraboy4

CUPRA TDi
Mar 20, 2006
WEST MIDS
I've been told by my dealer (Droitwich SEAT) that when they put a factory fitted arm rest in they have to cut into the front seats, thats what put me off because i'd paid the extra for electric leather seats!! as long as you are careful cutting the hole it will look GR8 :D

SmartyFR

Leon Fr 1.8 20VT
Dec 6, 2005
I think a few peope have bought these from this guy on ebay but the brackets have snapped.I think he has changed the bracket now which solves the problem.

Tom_TDi

good to see i'm not the only one looking for Leon bits on eBay haha

schnipps

Apr 17, 2006
How much of a bitch is it to fit though, is it actually straight forward or basically a complete nightmare with half the car having to be dismantled onto the driveway?

wardy2602

Apr 22, 2006
Stoke-On-Trent
Hi all

Have a look on ebay for an oem one first before buying one of those rabbity armrests, search for audi a4 / a3 it the same arm rest just buy the bracket from the sqealers. have a search on the forum i rememmber someone had listed the part numbers required.
hope this helps

schnipps

Apr 17, 2006
wardy2602 said:
Hi all

Have a look on ebay for an oem one first before buying one of those rabbity armrests, search for audi a4 / a3 it the same arm rest just buy the bracket from the sqealers. have a search on the forum i rememmber someone had listed the part numbers required.
hope this helps

Why whats wrong with the Rabbity one? It looks the same as the oem. At least you get instructions etc, with the oem you dont and will have to faff buying bolts etc, or is the rabbity one complete sh**e?

IBD

Here Again!
Jan 16, 2006
North West
I bought one from him too, its ok, quality isnt the same as OEM but its not bad, can tend to sqek a bit though.
Its easy to fit, cut out the coin holder at the back a bit at a time, so you get a nice snug fit, then you have to remove all the centre console so that you can get access to the screws for the bracket.

One fault I have found is that as I drive with the seat at aits furthest back that I cant actually drive with it raised as it digs into my arm! but you get used to it and drive with it all the time