Arosa airbag replacement

supertaf

OK chaps, heres a tester, I have bought back my Arosa that had very minimal panel damage but did have both bags come out (god knows why) and hence I need to find a solution. I am assumimg that you have to replace the whole dash to replace the passenger one or is there another way? I am told that I can run without the passenger one and it's not an MOT failure but how do I overcome the hole in the dash - is there a glovebox or blanking panel that could be retro fitted into the hole? Any suggestions welcomed.

Incidentally, it's not surprising that so many cars are written off with such minor damage when you have to replace the fliping dashboard, I don't see the point of making it such an integral part of the dash, why isn't it just a panel which can then easily be replaced like on older cars?

rise_uk

Jul 23, 2001
Do you have you replace your steering wheel as the drivers bag inflated as well? The reason I ask is because my indicator stalk needs replacing and I was told that they have to smash off the steering wheel and this would costs hundreds and hundreds and hundreds of pounds, the same if the air bag inflated....

m0rk

sarcasm comes free
Staff member
May 19, 2001
Clanfield, UK
or they could just undo the steering wheel - that'd be easier

if you're replacing the blown airbags, you will need an airbag controller too (they're one use only I think)

for MOT purposes you can't have any airbag lights on...... I'd be tempted to replace the dash if you can get one 2nd hand cheaply, and stick on a non airbag wheel.

claudefrog

Oct 23, 2005
At home
www.reallymeansounds.com
rise_uk said:
Do you have you replace your steering wheel as the drivers bag inflated as well? The reason I ask is because my indicator stalk needs replacing and I was told that they have to smash off the steering wheel and this would costs hundreds and hundreds and hundreds of pounds, the same if the air bag inflated....

who did you ask to replace the indicator stalk?

you can remove the airbag in tact, then remove steering wheel.. then replace stalk, and bolt all back together again :)

rise_uk

Jul 23, 2001
This was Camberley Seat, they said that there are captive nuts holding on the steering wheel and they wouldn't know if they can get the steering wheel off without having to smash it off until they try. If they have to smash of the steering wheel (worse case) I was told that it would cost around £800 for a new steering wheel and labour...all very expensive just to replace the indicator stalk or if the air bag inflates.

SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise