Arosa comon problems

ian_cupra

Hi guys,

Some of you will know me anyway, but my Cupra is going to be a full track car, so need something else. So hopefully going to look at an Arosa TDI tomorrow, is there anything common i should look out for on these?

Are there any major issues with the Arosa overall as well? after having a quick look on here i cant seem to see much but just wondered what people thought.

Cheers, Ian

Dubster

Some models suffer from broken pedal boxes (a weld breaks) however I'm pretty sure that the TDi has a hydraulic clutch and isn't affected.

Basically the Arose and Lupo are excellent little cars, we had a Lupo for over six years - I still miss it now :(

lunalupi

...is not a bloke!
Jul 29, 2006
Wiltshire
They're no good for carrying big loads unless you're willing to sacrifice the rear passenger space and lower the seats.

But as a little car to get about in they are great, reliable, solid and just as good on the motorway as in the city :)

Boo

The original wee beastie
Nov 12, 2006
Eastbourne
Stalling is a common problem which, is normally fixed by cleaning out the throttle body.

I love the buzz of finding something new that fits, that other people may not have found out. There aren't many parts for the Arosa in terms of engine, bodyshell and interior modifications but, you find other parts from MK4 polo's and Lupo's that fit. When they say every Arosa is individual they aren't kidding !

CatB1

Nov 19, 2003
Manchester
www.freeserve.com
Hi guys,

Some of you will know me anyway, but my Cupra is going to be a full track car, so need something else. So hopefully going to look at an Arosa TDI tomorrow, is there anything common i should look out for on these?

Are there any major issues with the Arosa overall as well? after having a quick look on here i cant seem to see much but just wondered what people thought.

Cheers, Ian

Hi Ian, have you seen this link http://www.seatcupra.net/forums/showthread.php?t=203058. Had my Arosa Tdi for over 2 years now, used as a daily driver & it is fantastic:funk:, cruises at 75-80 mph & still returns over 50 mpg. The standard brakes are rubbish (Brembos on my Cupra), so put a set of Mk3 Cupra calipers & 280mm discs on with Mk2 Cupra alloys.

Pete

ian_cupra

cheers guys, i went to look at one yesterday, but it was a bit of a shed, so still on the hunt now :)

1litre wonder

(s)Low rider
Jul 6, 2006
Glasgow
my mate ( i think hes on here ) was trying to sell his mk2 arosa TDi . its on a 02 plate, the clock shows 116k however the timing belt snapped and he had an engine with 24k put into it ( has the papers to prove it ) . think hes looking for about the £2k-ish mark. the car at teh moment is slammed on coilovers with 15's on it. pm me if you want more info mate

artyrodgers1

hi anyone help me with arosa emmisions light? please
car just had new coil pack and egr valve fitted at cost of £280 !!
which i thought was alot,but the light is back on after 2 days driving and car spluttering again.
also car stalled and brakes seemed hard to press
help i am getting wound up ,only bought car 2 weeks ago

Boo

The original wee beastie
Nov 12, 2006
Eastbourne
Just posted on your newbie thread honey. I dont own a diesel so Im afraid I know very little about EGR valves.

SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise