Ateca owners with child seats.....

chrisRibiza

Sep 27, 2007
Currently have a MK3 Leon but thinking about changing to an Ateca.

With 2x child seats fitted, Is there space for an adult in the middle seat? In the Leon there is not enough space (We have Joie Bold car seats).

Our double pram fits in the Leon boot with one wheel removed, I would hope it may go in the Ateca boot without having to remove a wheel.

JB350

Dec 29, 2015
Just double checked and with our 2 (cybex sirona set to forward facing and cybex solution x fix) there’s no chance and I’m a reasonably slim shortarse. It’s the same platform as the Leon so makes sense theres not much difference. To be fair you need to jump up a fair bit in size to get 2 decent sized child seats and an adult in the middle in something approaching comfort. In my mates A6 it’s doable but still not great.

On the boot size, I have the Cupra version so the 4wd gubbins raises the floor and that plus the fact it’s not really deeper doesn’t make it feel that much bigger than the Leon. I had a 280ST and golf r estate previously and even though quoted volumes are similar to the Ateca the depth really helps for carrying stuff like prams.

Reactions: chrisRibiza

Tell

Staff member
Tarraco might be worth looking at. Just an extended Ateca with an extra row of rear seats and rail movement you dont get in the Ateca. Like the Kodiak and the Allspace you got the rear set of seats in the back, or fold down. Three rows of seats. Set up also give more front passenger leg room by pushing the rear seats further back. Its more kid friendly and big adult friendly in the front. About a foot longer from memory. Was tempted at one stage but I liked all my optional extras that you can't now get on Seat so stayed put with the pizza with all the optional toppings.

chrisRibiza

Sep 27, 2007
Tarraco might be worth looking at. Just an extended Ateca with an extra row of rear seats and rail movement you dont get in the Ateca. Like the Kodiak and the Allspace you got the rear set of seats in the back, or fold down. Three rows of seats. Set up also give more front passenger leg room by pushing the rear seats further back. Its more kid friendly and big adult friendly in the front. About a foot longer from memory. Was tempted at one stage but I liked all my optional extras that you can't now get on Seat so stayed put with the pizza with all the optional toppings.
Yep also been keeping an eye on Tarraco’s but given they are much newer there is far less choice on the 2nd hand market.

Tell

Staff member
Yep also been keeping an eye on Tarraco’s but given they are much newer there is far less choice on the 2nd hand market.
The UK ones at launch all had the third row seating in which was optional abroad. Less of them about than Atecas. Guess it depends on the PCP market of people switching them. Delivery started from 2019, you never know.

Mike the_cupra

May 29, 2020
The boot is definitely bigger on an Ateca than a Leon. I had 2 golfs previously and neither could house a set of golf clubs (ironically), whereas the Ateca can take 2 sets on the diagonal. I would reccomend the Tarracco or Kodiaq. I've seen a few decent deals on the former on autotrader, but as you said may not be many second hand!

SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise