Attending a Trackday?

Deleted member 103408

One more tip (thanks @Sparkie) take some duck tape with you and when you are out on the track you can have your number plate hidden very easily (and cheaply) so that it does not appear in the YouTube video's or pictures others may take/post.

Sparkie

Angling Adict.
Sep 25, 2009
Middlesex
Work car , v. handy

Looks like there was a fair few people there with incar cameras on that day. If you want to get more views and so others on the day can find you (and you their videos, which you may be in) i'd change the title to include the date as well as track name.

Tbh I don’t give a chocca mocha chino about hits. 1 or 1000 means nothing to me. Really for mates to have a gander. But I get your point.
Did that on other vids.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

Mtailor

Aug 9, 2018
London
Yup Balance Motorsport. Exactly.
Getting muddled with. GSM Performance I think.
They do seats and subframes etc.

I’ll vouch for Julian@Balance. Top bloke. I bought loads of shocks and springs from him in the past. Service is excellent.

Reactions: Sparkie

Fozzy84

Apr 23, 2012
I do about 6 track days a year. That’s the cars main purpose. I’ll post up when I’ve booked on a few next year. I usually take advantage of Black Friday or Boxing Day sales.. however not all the dates are posted until into the new year. Be good to meet a few like minded people as I usually go alone as my mates who were into cars have grown up.. and I haven’t lol

Reactions: Sparkie

Deleted member 103408

Well there are plenty on here who have not grown up or we are reverting back to being kids again :)

@vwtrev started this thread for that very reason so please give us the details.
I was going to wait till next year but I have just noticed there is a meet at Cadwell Park on the 1st December and I am very tempted.

Fozzy84

Apr 23, 2012
Car is currently SORN for the winter, got a few bits to do so likely be out in it again around March time. I’ll deffo post up in here tho and let ya know what I’ve booked. Oulton Park is my local track but I tend to go tracks all over the UK

Deleted member 103408

OK 2019 Is looking good for members (we have a club meat at Blackpool in Jan) and meeting more members on the track.

Deleted member 103408

@Sparkie & @vwtrev I blame you two for this addiction

I am now looking for one more event this year, I am free on the 1st December and there is an open pit track event at both Cadwell park and Bedford (i have enjoyed them both) @ £99-00 or Snetterton @£129-00 is anybody else planning another trip out to either of these.

If nobody doing either of these then I will go Cadwell as it just round the corner from me.

Cheers

Legojon

I only wanted a remap
Staff member
Jul 7, 2015
A stupid question... but I assume your in the same boat as me, as your mapped you have to use Vpower or Momentum? Do you switch maps to drive to the track or carefully plot your route via specific petrol stations (like I do)?

Sparkie

Angling Adict.
Sep 25, 2009
Middlesex
Mine is mapped on V power so yes I’m stuck with the expensive stuff really. No momentum near me.

Deleted member 103408

I only use the VPower map, there is normally fuel at the track but it wont be cheap.

Bedford there is a Shell place 5 minutes down the road, Cadwell park about 10 Minutes.

Full tank when you arrive, Lunchtime go fill it up and then a top up on the way home thats how it works for me.

Legojon

I only wanted a remap
Staff member
Jul 7, 2015
It'd be nice if there was a mod that could sacrifice some boot space for an additional fuel tank. But I realise gravity/pump/boring science. I concluded the only plausible option to not have this worry is to put loads of full fuel containers in the boot. Pros, I can drive further. Cons, car will stink of petrol. Possible massive explosion.

Reactions: kanyewest

Deleted member 103408

All I can say is both Bedford (M6 / M1 / A14) are all well covered with Shell stations.

Cadwell Park less so, Louth does have a Shell garage but most of lincoln is a bit sparce.

Snetterton I think should be ok but I am going there next year so will find out

SteA

Jan 12, 2016
Shrewsbury
@Sparkie & @vwtrev I blame you two for this addiction

I am now looking for one more event this year, I am free on the 1st December and there is an open pit track event at both Cadwell park and Bedford (i have enjoyed them both) @ £99-00 or Snetterton @£129-00 is anybody else planning another trip out to either of these.

If nobody doing either of these then I will go Cadwell as it just round the corner from me.

Cheers

I take it you can’t make Oulton on the 28th? It’s a park circuit like Cadwell, but in my humble opinion, lots better. Great fun in a fast car and a great place to improve driving skills :) I can’t wait!

SteA

Jan 12, 2016
Shrewsbury
A stupid question... but I assume your in the same boat as me, as your mapped you have to use Vpower or Momentum? Do you switch maps to drive to the track or carefully plot your route via specific petrol stations (like I do)?

Pretty much all tracks have decent fuel nearby, although I also take two 20 litre Jerry cans with me full of Tesco 99. Saves a bit of cash as I can go through three tanks of fuel if it’s a full day.

Deleted member 103408

I take it you can’t make Oulton on the 28th? It’s a park circuit like Cadwell, but in my humble opinion, lots better. Great fun in a fast car and a great place to improve driving skills :) I can’t wait!

Would love to but that would be an overnight stay for me, the others are closer I am afraid.

Deleted member 103408

next day out is sorted, Small track but looks like a lot of fun

No static noise testing only 95dba Drive By

track.jpg

SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise