Attending a Trackday?

Manic172

https://m.facebook.com/ManicMotorsport1
Dec 4, 2018
Hemel hempstead
www.seatcupra.net
When you do brands again I will try my best to get there. I wanna do a few last laps in the saxo Be for I sell it. My best lap there was a dry day mild weather 15-18° at a guess. Lap was a 56.7 lol in a 1.6 8v it just was driving and handling superb and done all I threw at it

Reactions: Sparkie

Mtailor

Aug 9, 2018
London
Anyone doing a track day in September? I want to try one. need to find one close to me., SW London! Brands isnt far!

Mtailor

Aug 9, 2018
London
Thanks Manic

Now i got to find a booking. Need to get brakes, suspension and alignment sorted before going out.

Charliessmith

Jun 16, 2017
Anyone doing a track day in September? I want to try one. need to find one close to me., SW London! Brands isnt far!
Im going Brands Hatch in october, I tried to get September but fully booked or to expensive so I have booked the 7th of October for a full day, it will be my first track day but I've been getting my Cupra 290 ready for the track for the last 3 years lol so hopefully it will perform well only thing I wish i had is better brakes and an oil cooler.

Sent from my SM-N770F using Tapatalk

Mtailor

Aug 9, 2018
London
Im going Brands Hatch in october, I tried to get September but fully booked or to expensive so I have booked the 7th of October for a full day, it will be my first track day but I've been getting my Cupra 290 ready for the track for the last 3 years lol so hopefully it will perform well only thing I wish i had is better brakes and an oil cooler.

charliesmith - who did you book with? I am going to book myself today.

Mtailor

Aug 9, 2018
London
I’m booking today. Will try to catch up with you over there. It’s been 13 years since my last track day.

Mtailor

Aug 9, 2018
London
Will be good to meet a few people from here. What car you got?

I’m driving a Leon Cupra 280 5F.
57def81c25d1ddef6d5abaa1fc369c21.jpg

Got new pads going on, Eibach pro kit, camber arms as well. This will have to happen soon.

Obtained some team dymanics pro race 1.3 for track.

Charliessmith

Jun 16, 2017
I’m driving a Leon Cupra 280 5F.
57def81c25d1ddef6d5abaa1fc369c21.jpg

Got new pads going on, Eibach pro kit, camber arms as well. This will have to happen soon.

Obtained some team dymanics pro race 1.3 for track.
Nice, i got a cupra 290 stage 2 I've got the SuperPro front and back anti-roll bars and a caster increase kit on the front control arms. I would love to get some track tyres though. I've got Michelin Pilot Sport 4 S

Mtailor

Aug 9, 2018
London
Nice, i got a cupra 290 stage 2 I've got the SuperPro front and back anti-roll bars and a caster increase kit on the front control arms. I would love to get some track tyres though. I've got Michelin Pilot Sport 4 S

Tyres are good enough for a track day.
I’m just going so I can learn the characteristics of my car.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Charliessmith

Jun 16, 2017
Tyres are good enough for a track day.
I’m just going so I can learn the characteristics of my car.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I cant wait to feel what it's like to drive my car on track. Did you manage to book the 7th of October?

Charliessmith

Jun 16, 2017
i'm booked. Now its time to get track preparation. Oh the joys of an empty wallet.
Nice, i will see you there. My car is pretty easy to notice because of the red trim lol.
What mods have you done?

4377c182293cb92a7054221ffa35cadc.jpg
8d38866cb5cae7de085a678a3d782459.jpg

Last edited:

vwbassett

Joined the Dark Side
Aug 13, 2007
Surrey
It’s a Quaife diff.
No noises at all.
These don’t ever fully lock.
I can still drive with my slightly loose style, slight tyre squeal through corners but when I increase the power on the exit you feel the inside wheel gripping tarmac as the diff does its thing and then both wheels start pulling you though the rest of the corner.
It’s pretty effective .
Wasn’t sure what to expect.
There is a good difference for sure.
Car holds its line more with less understeer at the front.
I wanted to do time trials to see the improvements, but due to the heat the car was down on power and with the air con running too....... didn’t get a chance to really see how much time Id have saved.
On a cooler day I managed a 59.02 secs ( no diff) but think on the hot day a 1min 1 sec was my average. ( this was also with my concentration levels pretty low due to heat and other stuff )
Saying that I was averaging 1min 2-3 secs in the cooler day.
The 59.02 was a blistering lap that day.
I imagine with like for like conditions I’d have scrubbed another second plus from that time.
There is no sitting tapping your thumbs on the steering wheel mid corner while you’re waiting for grip to return.
It does hook up and keep moving through the corner now.
Very different.
Will have to return to Brands and Bedford Autodrome for more comparisons.
Think on a long track like Bedford I’ll be shaving 2 seconds plus.
Final thought.
If you can afford one and you drive the car to the limits of grip as I do and you’re used to spinning up though mid corner and exit then this mod is a no brainer .
@Nizza is selling his box with. Quaife very cheap.
Worth a look for sure.

Badger5 Custom Map + TIP,
3”Custom exhaust, FMIC, Bosh 550’s, BC Coilovers, ARB’s +loads more.
Sounds mega but one of those mods that with labour I bet gets steep very quickly.

On your tow bar is that just the original grill dremelled out so the tow hook can be fitted in situ, looks smart.

Sent from my SM-G986B using Tapatalk

Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members