Audi RS style Exhaust Tips for Cupra?

razmeister

May 28, 2018
Personally I think the standard tips on the Leon Cupra look a little bit weedy and could do with beefing up. I'm not really looking to change the whole system, because a) I don't want it to really be any louder (perhaps "boomy") and b) I don't want to spend all that money!

Does anyone know if there are any good Audi RS (i.e. oval) style exhaust tips that can replace the factory fit ones? Is it even possible to just replace only the tips?

I've seen these ones and they look very tasty in my opinion:

upload_2018-10-22_23-59-44.png

Last edited:

Damo H

Remind me, what's an indicator?
Staff member
Oct 3, 2012
Car Length In Front
Personally I think the standard tips on the Leon Cupra look a little bit weedy and could do with beefing up. I'm not really looking to change the whole system, because a) I don't want it to really be any louder (perhaps "boomy") and b) I don't want to spend all that money!

Does anyone know if there are any good Audi RS (i.e. oval) style exhaust tips that can replace the factory fit ones? Is it even possible to just replace only the tips?

I've seen these ones and they look very tasty in my opinion:

View attachment 2292
A few people have chopped the tips and replaced them. Just need to be careful the new ones aren’t to long and you car ends up looking like a wheel barrow.

However on the 5 doors system I think you have room to play with.

razmeister

May 28, 2018
Had a custom cat-back exhaust fitted by EMP Performance in St Albans.

1612878486175.png

Very good service and workmanship. Comes with a lifetime guarantee too. My only complaint is that at certain mid-range RPMs (approx 3000), it's a little "boomy". Below and above this, it's definitely more fruity.

I'll be taking it back at some point to get some anti-drone pipes fitted which should help (as shown in image below):

1612878657908.png

On a related note, the standard diffuser does look a bit small now, so hoping to swap it out for a Rieger item soon. Will share images when done.

Last edited:

razmeister

May 28, 2018
Nice, looks like you swapped out the tail lights for the facelift ones? Easy to do? Mine are starting to mist up so probably a matter of time before they conk out.

razmeister

May 28, 2018
Got the Rieger diffuser fitted by Chiltern Bodyshop in Bedford. Really happy with the work and with the look. Kind of looks OEM+, menacing but subtle. Got the unpainted one and they matched it with the grey plastic around the numberplate. Thought that the gloss black one, while very nice, might have looked a bit out of place.

1614033817609.png

1614034202389.png

Dannnnn

Dec 9, 2018
Hampshire
Nice, looks like you swapped out the tail lights for the facelift ones? Easy to do? Mine are starting to mist up so probably a matter of time before they conk out.
Nope.
They're prefacelift ones just with the clear bits covered with transparent red vinyl.

Sent from my Pixel 5 using Tapatalk

razmeister

May 28, 2018
Quick update on my exhaust upgrade....so took my Cupra 280 back to EMP Performance to get the anti-drone pipes fitted and surprisingly they made the drone even worse! The car windows were vibrating! When I tried to explain this to EMP, they claimed that sound is purely subjective and they had reduced the level of drone. But then admitted that they don't actually drive the car before/after fitting so there was no way to say for sure, I hadn't taken any dB readings, which I probably should have. I maintained that it was definitely producing more drone than previously and that I wasn't happy with this at all.

The options I was presented with were to potentially remove the anti-drone pipes which would be messy and still go back to the previously boomy noise at 3000rpm, to revert back to the stock exhaust system entirely and just replace the tips or leave it as it is. I was also told by EMP, that it is not possible to make an exhaust system without any drone.

I wasn't happy with these options and sought a second opinion. This led me to Full Throttle Performance (FTP) in Kensworth, just outside Dunstable. James went on a test drive with me and agreed that the drone level was not acceptable, it shouldn't be that intrusive. He spoke with me at length regarding what I was after and suggested two options, one of which was just a back box delete. He also said that going for a 3" system was overkill on a non-modified car. I was surprised that EMP hadn't suggested these options at the beginning, the only option I was given was a full 3" system.

Long story short, I got FTP to remove the EMP system and fit just a back box delete. The sound is now amazing; exactly what I wanted. Quiet when off throttle, around town and on the motorway, but when you use the revs, the sound really builds and gives the classic whip-crack noise when changing gear near the red line.

In summary, I would highly recommend Full Throttle Performance, their customer service is exemplary, Mack and James are real gentlemen. Sadly I wouldn't recommend EMP as they don't seem to put you the customer first. When you question them, you are made to feel like you are being difficult.

Reactions: grat132
Nimbus hosting - Based solely in the UK.