Auto Adjusting Wing Mirror

TheJudge09

My Fr 184 has the convenience pack, and I understood that incorporated the passenger door mirror adjusting downwards when reversing to give a better view of the kerb to make sure those pristine alloys don't get dinked.

The manual also provides info on the ability, but try as I might, despite following the instructions to the letter, I can't get it to work. As I've only had the car a few days, before I call the dealer, has anyone actually got this feature working and how?

Cheers

Richie1985

Nov 21, 2010
Darlington
Make sure the mirror adjuster is set to the passenger side and then put it in reverse.
If it doesn't move, while in reverse, adjust the mirror. When you start to drive forward (or just move the mirror adjuster position back to the middle), the mirror will return to where it was before you put it in reverse.

Leave the selector pointing to the passenger side and from now on, every time you select reverse, the mirror will move to where you set it.

Hope that makes sense :-/

Last edited:

Seastormer

Cupra Leon VZ2 300/CBF1000
Apr 25, 2014
Edinburgh (Scotland)
Make sure the mirror adjuster is set to the passenger side and then put it in reverse.
If it doesn't move, while in reverse, adjust the mirror. When you start to drive forward (or just move the mirror adjuster position back to the middle), the mirror will return to where it was before you put it in reverse.

Leave the selector pointing to the passenger side and from now on, every time you select reverse, the mirror will move to where you set it.

Hope that makes sense :-/

I leave it in the 0 position, and only move to L when reversing next to kerb, otherwise it dips when not needed like reversing out my drive or from between two cars in car park.:D

andrewpain

Jul 5, 2014
Meppershall Beds.
agree with you on this - it's irritating to have the mirror dip when you're NOT reversing in to parallel park next to the kerb.
and the parking sensor shuts off the music! why does it do that??

TheJudge09

We'll, I've tried as suggested, and also followed the instructions in the manual 3 or 4 times, so guess it'll be something for the dealership to sort at its first service.

I've never had that facility before so ain't gonna miss it for a few thousand miles, but when it should be working, then I'd expect them to be able to sort it

christoff1

Jul 24, 2014
Glasgow
At the first service?
I would be in there tomorrow getting it sorted ASAP. If you have paid for it then don't hang around til a first service to get sorted - that's just mad.
Also check the settings as there is a ticky box to enable/disable it I am sure.

Rob2k68

Jun 11, 2014
Rugby
Try this ...

aS4wVZ0Z

niggle

Rollin' on 17s, baby!
Jan 28, 2014
Huddersfield, West Yorkshire
We'll, I've tried as suggested, and also followed the instructions in the manual 3 or 4 times, so guess it'll be something for the dealership to sort at its first service.

I've never had that facility before so ain't gonna miss it for a few thousand miles, but when it should be working, then I'd expect them to be able to sort it

When was the car first registered? There was an issue with the kerb view mirror function in a batch of cars built mid-2013.

Biker

Oct 6, 2003
Northumberland
Visit site
I have just set mine tonight, worked no problem.

First thing I did was to turn on the ignition but didn't start the car. I went into the mirror settings in the car menu and made sure the feature was enabled. I then selected the left mirror with the button on the door panel and then put the car in reverse and adjusted the mirror to the desired position, now put the car back in neutral and it should be set.

The above worked for me!

askew

Aug 6, 2014
Hi Mark,

I've got the knob set to 'L' and that seems to do the trick. Not quite sure why the manual insists on it being at 'R'. It didn't seem to take affect until I had set up the mirror's normal position.

My question is: can I actually control what position it is in when in action? I find it doesn't lower enough to get a glimpse of the kerb.

Edit - hah. Biker's answered it for me. Nice one.

Cheers.

Last edited:

Seastormer

Cupra Leon VZ2 300/CBF1000
Apr 25, 2014
Edinburgh (Scotland)
Hi Mark,

I've got the knob set to 'L' and that seems to do the trick. Not quite sure why the manual insists on it being at 'R'. It didn't seem to take affect until I had set up the mirror's normal position.

My question is: can I actually control what position it is in when in action? I find it doesn't lower enough to get a glimpse of the kerb.

Edit - hah. Biker's answered it for me. Nice one.

Cheers.

Cos it's a Spanish car and they drive on the opp side of the road from us and the translator missed it when they done the UK manual. Simples,:rolleyes:

Last edited:

askew

Aug 6, 2014
Hah, yep. Just had to do a search and replace as they were translating it though :D

MarkBeatty72

Aug 3, 2014
Blyth, Northumberland
Biker,
Tried as you said:
1. Ignition onn but not start the car
2. Ensure mirror reverse setting is enabled in menu
3. Move mirror knob to left
4. Put in reverse
5. Lower mirror to required level
6. Out of Reverse, into Neutral.

At this point do you leave the mirror as is or readjust. Left as is and it just stayed there when I strated the car and drove off. Adjusted the mirror for normal driving and went to reverse park and no lowering mirror...

Aaaaggghhhhh...HELP

Biker

Oct 6, 2003
Northumberland
Visit site
Sorry, I should have added at the end, the mirror does stay down until I put the selector knob back into the centre position.
I did expect the mirror to return once I drove forward but I suppose that would mean the mirror constantly going up and down if you needed to shuffle back and forwards while parking.

So to recap, as you did above but don't re-adjust your mirror at the end, simply put the knob in the "0" position rather than the "L" position.

andrewpain

Jul 5, 2014
Meppershall Beds.
you sure, Biker?
mine resets itself to normal once I leave reverse and start forwards.
or move the control back to centre. But it does work fully automatically on mine...