Auto stop/start switching itself on when switched off

jpor

May 10, 2015
Cheshire
Have a 184 SC FR TDI DSG with most of the packs on.
As of late I have been switching off the engine Stop/start after starting the car and driving off. I thought I was being forgetful by not switching this off and on occasion when stopping at junctions the stop/start system seems to reactivate itself? Yet I swear I press the off button it illuminates to switch off. When I quickly glance down to check said button it appears to switch back into the on position. Doesn't always happen. Anyone else had this? Only switch this off as I find I sometimes need to make a quicker exit from junctions and rather have the engine running.

StevenM

Apr 2, 2013
I've had the same issue a couple of times in the past and there seemed to be no reason for it. I know if you select Eco mode it automatically turns it back on, but I hadn't done so.

It's not an issue for me anymore as I've permanently disabled it...best mod so far

Sent from my piece of shite iPhone - according to Muz.

jpor

May 10, 2015
Cheshire
Translate it with Google!

I believe you have to press the brake pretty hard to activate it? If so don't press it so hard?

Don't recall hard braking causing this. Yet the brake and clutch are one on a automatic. Have had the odd occasion to slow down quickly to a stop but from memory this didn't cause it. The last time this happened I was slowly crawling to a stop to a junction after being stationary waiting to turn into a road with the auto start/stop already being disabled by the button.
Maybe worth a mention at the stealers when it goes in for its first service. :shrug:

Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members