Auto Windscreens?

lil3520

IBIZA 1.9 TDI SPORT 08
Nov 26, 2006
ALCESTER, WARWICKSHIRE
Used them about 6 yrs. Very good.got one same as newer models with tint etc in front of rear view mirror.
Well pleased.
Had it done in Warwickshire.

Andy

RUM4MO

Jun 4, 2008
South Scotland
I suppose most of us use the one the insurer wants us to use and save money, I had trouble with that company, my daughter got a chipped "plugged" about 4 years ago and it started to open out a bit, unfortunately my insurer has moved to a similarish named windscreen company, so I needed to pay again as the insurer's terms had changed from "free chip repair" to "£25 if it is possible to repair" - when I approached the original windscreen company and asked for help they said "sorry,we would repair it, but we have replaced our business management tool so we have dumped all our records" - I came back with "I'll send you a copy of the original work done sheet" - to which they replied - "these numbers would not mean anything to us now!" - nice work if you can get it, change business management tools every few years and walk away from trouble - now who lets them do that?

The biggest bit of that job - operating walking all round the car taking notes and measuring tyre tread depths - idiots?

Edit:- warning, taken off topic - sorry just had to do it!

Last edited:

concerned cat

Nov 30, 2014
Huddersfield UK
Will it affect your NCB? I had a windscreen replaced on my 325 touring a few years ago. Chatting to the chap (National Windscreens IIRC) he said they were only £60 fitted.

JACUPRA280

Jun 18, 2015
Somewhere
Will it affect your NCB? I had a windscreen replaced on my 325 touring a few years ago. Chatting to the chap (National Windscreens IIRC) he said they were only £60 fitted.

Doesn't affect my NCB whatsoever. There is an £80 excess though.

Last edited: