Autobrite Training Day (Car Detailing)

Jimbobcook

Staff member
Nov 24, 2012
They will be able to fit more than 4 things in the day between us all but it gives us an idea, i'd ay how I do it but then again how do I know my way is right haha I guess everyone is different...

Is it just me who thinks that I need to turn up with the cleanest car i've had, all be it to a cleaning training day haha

I'll get a list together and we can go from there when @paddy6789 has given us his thoughts.

Is there a month that people would like to do this in which makes it easy to get things sorted? I cannot do the 2nd half of October due to a wedding lol I know it's disgusting when my own wedding gets in the way of me cleaning my car haha

Legojon

I only wanted a remap
Staff member
Jul 7, 2015
Only two I’m not too bothered about is Degreasing and protection of shuts and enginebay. / Paint correction.

I think we need to be brought up to Blue Mk2 Cupra cleaning standards lol.

I've got enough problems without directly adding water to my engine bay!

I wouldn't worry, by the time I've driven it to Stoke, it'll look like I've done a rally!

Legojon

I only wanted a remap
Staff member
Jul 7, 2015
I cannot do the 2nd half of October due to a wedding lol I know it's disgusting when my own wedding gets in the way of me cleaning my car haha

I usually spend the 2nd half of December fat, naked and drunk.

Reactions: Jimbobcook

Jimbobcook

Staff member
Nov 24, 2012
I've got enough problems without directly adding water to my engine bay!

I wouldn't worry, by the time I've driven it to Stoke, it'll look like I've done a rally!
What like this dirty?

IMG_20180419_172113-2320x1305.jpg

Legojon

I only wanted a remap
Staff member
Jul 7, 2015
What like this dirty?

Dunno, I'd have to look in the cupboard under the stairs to see how dirty my engine cover is. But on the bright side... how about we all take it in turns with the pry bar?:thumbup:

Maypack

Ambassador for Cumberland Sausage
Apr 20, 2014
Gods Country - West Cumbria
I work shifts so shoot me a day and I’ll see if I can swap with someone else at work.

Stoke is over 3 hours from me so it’ll either be an early start if midweek or if weekend my wife wants to go to Manchester to see her sister and we might stop over. That way I could come from there to Stoke in about an hour.

My car will probably not be super shiny with the distance I need to cover. Maybe Autobrite could show us all the techniques using my car

paddy6789

Staff member
Aug 31, 2016
Preston, Lancs
They will be able to fit more than 4 things in the day between us all but it gives us an idea, i'd ay how I do it but then again how do I know my way is right haha I guess everyone is different...

Is it just me who thinks that I need to turn up with the cleanest car i've had, all be it to a cleaning training day haha

I'll get a list together and we can go from there when @paddy6789 has given us his thoughts.

Is there a month that people would like to do this in which makes it easy to get things sorted? I cannot do the 2nd half of October due to a wedding lol I know it's disgusting when my own wedding gets in the way of me cleaning my car haha

I’m happy to go with everything mentioned so far - as long as my car is showroom clean for a minute or two before the birds in the trees empty their bowels all over it, I’m happy :)

Wheel cleaning is what I’m particularly interested in - these 290 alloys are a pita to get access and angles for. Many a swear word has been released when trying to clean them.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Legojon

I only wanted a remap
Staff member
Jul 7, 2015
Wheel cleaning is what I’m particularly interested in - these 290 alloys are a pita to get access and angles for. Many a swear word has been released when trying to clean them.

Try powder coating them bronze and see how clean you can get em... I've taken to just throwing water at them now. So yeah, really need to be shown the proper way to do it.

Jimbobcook

Staff member
Nov 24, 2012
I've found Poor boys wheel sealant after 3 passes makes it easier to clean but you need to put in the time to get it right lol it's always time and money... lots of money!

paddy6789

Staff member
Aug 31, 2016
Preston, Lancs
I've found Poor boys wheel sealant after 3 passes makes it easier to clean but you need to put in the time to get it right lol it's always time and money... lots of money!

Yeah but the issue is getting them clean enough to the point where the sealant can go on. Always find a smudge of brake dust or grime or dirt after I’ve finished drying everywhere.

Reactions: Legojon

Deleted member 103408

Well I hope somebody has a decent SLR we need to take a before and after picture.

Its about 3 hours for me so I am not going to be clean before hand

Deleted member 103408

Best week for me is 24th Sept - 30 Sept
Can't do the 8th or 10th October

But stuff changes so let me know when you think is good

paddy6789

Staff member
Aug 31, 2016
Preston, Lancs
Well I hope somebody has a decent SLR we need to take a before and after picture.

Its about 3 hours for me so I am not going to be clean before hand

Ooo I have one I bought two years ago - I’ve literally taken like 3 pictures with it - two of the ground when trying to work out what I was doing, and one of an Xmas tree...money well spent!

Legojon

I only wanted a remap
Staff member
Jul 7, 2015
Ooo I have one I bought two years ago - I’ve literally taken like 3 pictures with it - two of the ground when trying to work out what I was doing, and one of an Xmas tree...money well spent!

:lol: Sounds like something I'd do. Except it'd be 2 pictures of the floor and 1 of my thumb.

Deleted member 103408

Well all bring your best camara's along so you can show the guys what Pro's we are :banghead::banghead:

Jimbobcook

Staff member
Nov 24, 2012
I think the cleanest shiniest beadinest cars will be two Mk2 Cupra’s belonging to @Legojon and @Jimbobcook. The detailing Pro’s.
You say that but our cars look clean due to the colour I think... In real life it maybe a different story. Also I may be cleaning all wrong lol who knows... I'm by any means a pro haha I started detailing in January...

Deleted member 103408

OK on to serious questions now, DO WE GET LUNCH INCLUDED

Jimbobcook

Staff member
Nov 24, 2012
OK on to serious questions now, DO WE GET LUNCH INCLUDED
This should of been my first question to them, I'm sorry for not thinking with my stomach which I normally do lol ive got some info now so I'll go back to them in the morning and see their day setup.

We could do a SEAT forum picnic lol ill bring cheese and pineapple

SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise