South West
www.seatcupra.net
Feature is now live: http://bit.ly/158RX8l

main.php

Scott

Ol' Timer

Jun 20, 2004
Norfolk
Thanks Scott. That is a very good article and the SC sounds and looks great. In my opinion there are some definite hints of Alfa at their best in the styling, which is something that SEAT have been promising for years.

Out of interest, do you know if the seats are different in the 3 and 5 door cars? I wonder if they have to restrict the size of the bolsters to allow the seat back to tip forward? Did you try to get into the back and, if so, how easy was access?

Syphon

Site Owner
Staff member
Feb 28, 2002
South West
www.seatcupra.net
Thanks Scott. That is a very good article and the SC sounds and looks great. In my opinion there are some definite hints of Alfa at their best in the styling, which is something that SEAT have been promising for years.

Out of interest, do you know if the seats are different in the 3 and 5 door cars? I wonder if they have to restrict the size of the bolsters to allow the seat back to tip forward? Did you try to get into the back and, if so, how easy was access?

Hi.

I'm not sure if they are different. I don't think they are. Unfortunately it's difficult to tell without having the five and three door back to back.

I believe compromises were only made in terms of rear leg room and some rear height and it certainly wasn't bad at all. I did try sitting in the back and I'm 5ft 10" and it still felt quite spacious. Getting in and out was fine. Other than the folding mechanism I think the fronts are definitely the same.

There are some pics of the front seats and back here:

main.php

main.php

Scott

Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.