average speed computer?

missmouse

Jan 22, 2024
Just got my cupra290 & cant find the average speed computer. Any hints?
I find this a handy function when driving on a road infested with average speed cameras!

queen

~Nassia~
Nov 29, 2010
Athens, Greece
It's in the infotainment system. Go to the menu 'Vehicle' and iirc it's either using the top left 'view' button and selecting settings or using the left and right bottom arrows. I'm sure you'll find it.

missmouse

Jan 22, 2024
Can you not just set cruise control and forget about it?
Yes of course, but if you are in different traffic conditions , ie held up by slow moving traffic, & you are within an average speed camera area, its useful to know you can speed up to make up time after you overtake as long as you reset the average speed computer at each camera!
Older cars like my Exeo, just had a simple push butting to zero it at each camera!

Reactions: Walone

SuperV8

May 30, 2019
Yes of course, but if you are in different traffic conditions , ie held up by slow moving traffic, & you are within an average speed camera area, its useful to know you can speed up to make up time after you overtake as long as you reset the average speed computer at each camera!
Older cars like my Exeo, just had a simple push butting to zero it at each camera!
But is your recorded average speed - your actual average speed! if you're worried by a few seconds!
Your speedo over reads (all do) so you can do a few mph over your speedo reading and you'll be closer to your actual speed via GPS.

missmouse

Jan 22, 2024
Maybe didn't explain well - if limit is 70 & my average is showing 45, I can afford to overtake several vehicles at any speed as long as my average returns to 70 by next camera 🤷
I thought everyone does this!

Reactions: Walone

serdar_18fr

May 29, 2021
I don't know how it was in Exeo but if you're looking for a separate average speed calculation, there's no such feature. There are three different data sets in driving data section, one for "since start", one for "since refueling" and one for "long term". In each set, you can see the distance traveled, time traveled, average consumption and average speed. You might want to look at "since start" and reset it at each camera, if you don't mind having reset all of the other data items along with the average speed.

Sent from my 23013PC75G using Tapatalk

Nimbus hosting - Based solely in the UK.