Back in a Seat

LewisLeon

Nov 18, 2008
Bristol, UK
Picked up my 2001 Ibiza TDi 110 Sport on Saturday, cracking little thing.
Seems to have been well looked after, pretty chuffed with it.

I'm 50/50 about whether to get it remapped, Angel Tuning came out with a decent price and realistic torque/BHP gains... Read a few posts on here about them, but if anyone else has any experience of their maps, especially on the TDi 110 lump, it would be much appreciated!

Few plans for it other than the above, hoping to replace the standard speakers with something a little bit better, don't think I'll be messing around with the headunit though... ;)

I'm thinking possibly front and rear upper strut braces too at some point...then that'll be it!

Cheers.

sssstew

Editing your spelling
Agreed, great cars the old mk3 TDI Sports and cheap to pick up.

On the older non PD TDI i would go with a Upsolute remap, never heard a bad thing about them, they are particularly good with the older gen TDIs, and he travels to you.

Speakers - yeah they are crap, i simply got a stealth shelf with two 6x9s in which helped it massivly and kept the cost down. And kept the same head unit as its a hasstle to change.

Did a front strut brace on mine and didnt notice much difference at all, its already a very stiff car, like if you jack the front up you will raise the rear wheel as well. But by all means if you have the cash then do them.

Any TDI related questions, theres loads of info on the 110 TDI in the TDI section on here.

LewisLeon

Nov 18, 2008
Bristol, UK
Tom from Angel Tuning came today, was having a lot of difficulties being able to remap it.
He seems to think it has the wrong type of ECU for the car. From what he was saying, it has the EDC15V, rather than the EDC15P that it 'should have'.
After a little bit of research on the internet, I think it's supposed to have the 15V...
Could it be that it has the older type of ECU interface connection that means you have to psysically de-solder the chip in order to re-map it? It's a 2001 car...

Was gutted at watching my friend's Fiat Stilo JTD drive away after just a few minutes about 35BHP/55NM up, whilst he didn't seem to be able to do anything to mine.

SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise