Back in the sadlle

toledo7175

Freetrack in France
Apr 6, 2009
Halifax
A bit of history.....
Having worked for a couple of yorkshire based SEAT dealers in the past i gained a real fondness for the marque, i first came across them in 1999 after leaving Audi and having served several years for a VW dealer. I was impressed by the value for money and quality and the fact that fun seemed to be at the core of the sporty models ( I picked up a 8v Cupra Sport Ibiza on my 1st day ) , as models were released such as the 16v Ibiza and then the Leon Sport and then Cupra they only became more exciting. I eventually ran several successive Leon Cupra 1.8 20v T models and had i not emigrated in 2003 would have moved onto the Cupra R's.

In 2009 having left the trade i had to buy :( my own car and bought an Altea Freetrack which was great until i recieved a company vehicle again and sold it. Then recently, being a self employed car dealer i have acquired a 2004 Leon SE 130 Tdi to sell on but have been running it personally, it is a great car that is torquey and yet will return 60mpg at times but as it is for sale i needed to get myself a motor that would interest me but not breaking the bank.

So i have bought a 2001 Leon Cupra in black, it has covered 129,000 miles but drives really tight which i think is a testament to the 15 dealer stamps in the service book and the car is completely original and standard even down to having a fully genuine full exhaust sytem, coil packs ( thought to be original ) etc

The first job was of course a new timing belt kit along with the hydraulic tensioner and a HEPU metal water pump ( invoices showed 7 years since last one with no water pump replacement ), coolant flush and thermostat, Brembo rear brake pads ( after freeing up the sticky rear calipers) , then a service comprising quantum 5w30 oil with genuine oil & fuel filters.

She now wears a Toyosports de-cat front pipe with Milltek 2.5" resonated exhaust, S2000 air filter, a set of genuine coilpacks , sorted a boost leak and fitted NGK BRK6E sparks after a Remap.
I have also put her on winter tyres for the time being. So i can enjoy some modern comforts a flip blade key has just been cut and programmed and a bluetooth / usb / cd stereo will be installed with speaker upgrades ( magnat ) and a subwoofer ( kenwood )

As for future plans, I will also be putting in a black leather interior with the memory seats, also the paintwork has a lot of scratches, swirls and fallout so i will give it a full 3 stage flat and machine polish when i have a spare week or so ! :shrug:
I plan to leave it as a bit of a sleeper with standard suspension height and wheels ( it is already de-badged ) as i remember well the days when nobody knew what they were and i would go looking for Audi TT's to annoy ;)

Last edited: