Back to Square 1 no idea whats wrong

ChrisCurzon

4WD FTW
Apr 9, 2006
Bolton
hey guy

not sure if any one seen my other help thread but just on same problem what can cause over fueling and need to narrow it down to what could be problem.

i know Map,Maf and Lambda can changed MAF allready so not that what ellse can cause the problem?

cheers

ChrisCurzon

4WD FTW
Apr 9, 2006
Bolton
na only done 60k

so if its not map and had maf changed possible the lambda sensors?

can you not log lambda's on vag com?

ChrisCurzon

4WD FTW
Apr 9, 2006
Bolton
bought new coil packs and denso ik22 about a month ago.

revo timming has been messed with was on 9 now on 2 but that garage fault vag com did show no timming pull at all when was on 9.

Neel-Cupra

MK2 Leon Cupra 2.0T FSI
Jul 28, 2005
ive got the same problem mate, just had a stage 2 revo done then the following codes came up:

17535 - Long term fuel trim mult. Bank 1 system too rich

17658 - Fuel level too low

ChrisCurzon

4WD FTW
Apr 9, 2006
Bolton
iv had this problem for ages but not actually got a fault code on mine for some reason just know its over fuelling from logs.

what have you done upto now to try fix it?

Neel-Cupra

MK2 Leon Cupra 2.0T FSI
Jul 28, 2005
ive got the car booked in on monday to be looked at, but the maf reading is ok, changed it in august, but could either be the lamda sensor or the spark plugs as they only have one pin as oppose to three small ones ..

Neel-Cupra

MK2 Leon Cupra 2.0T FSI
Jul 28, 2005
well the car drives ok, but i can tell it isn't like when it was mapped, but maybe thinking that as the fault codes keep coming back ..

jivejester

Nov 29, 2007
How much the ecu is having to compensate for correct fueling

+/-10% is within tolerance. Anything higher indicates you have a problem. First column shows the compensation @ idle. The second shows the compensation @ part throttle.

- numbers would indicate the car is possibly running rich and having to remove fueling.

+ numbers would indicate the car is possibly running lean and having to add fuel. (+ in the first column would indicate a vac leak, + in the second would indicate possible problems higher up the revs... maybe maf)

Best to reset/clear codes to reset 032, then drive around normally for a hour or two. Then check again.

Last edited:

jivejester

Nov 29, 2007
Unless you have a wideband afr meter you can't possibly say that. The afr calculation spreadsheet based on injector duty is fairly inaccurate.

ChrisCurzon

4WD FTW
Apr 9, 2006
Bolton
no dont have wideband sensor i know its not accurate but was showing 9 on a/f ration which is way out even if not accurate. also injectors showing as over working under full load.

will check 032 later though see waht that says.