backfire after DV 007p install :(

pickie

Jul 8, 2005
hi all just installed the Forge 007p DV and now if i rev the car while idel it sounds like it is back fireing ( never did it untill i changed the DV ) also the car doesnt feel like it is pulling the same as the OEM DV :(

also just as i pulled up outside the house the car stalled and there was a large pop sound, ??? looked at the dv and no pipes off, car started up fine again

anyone else had problems with the forge DV ??

so far not feeling too good at spending £100 on a new DV :(

didgy2

newbe
Feb 19, 2004
glos
Visit site
put the old one back on see if it runs good then, you may have knocked a pipe loose fitting it.
could always be the coilpacks going? does it sound like its running on 3?

pickie

Jul 8, 2005
no it ticks over fine and under hard excleration it sounds fine , me being stupid didnt remember which way round the old dv went so i just fitted the new one how i liked :( so does it matter if i swaped over one of the big pipes ??? , am i right, its the vac tube that opens the valve so realy it dont matter which large pipe i put where ???,

ill put the old dv back on tomorrow see how the new goes for now

as for coilpack i hope not , Y 01 19000 miles on the clock

didgy2

newbe
Feb 19, 2004
glos
Visit site
they have been fitted normal or reversed, if your still getting boost(standard or revo?) and its dumping, probably not dumpV related. Make sure the pipe coming out the top isn't bent over or pinched.

pickie

Jul 8, 2005
from an other post a person reports after the 007p install there is no serge in boost as with the oem dv but he still get same speed and exceleration mayby the dv in my car is the same and im just not used to it ???

ill see how it goes hope to get vag com soon so will beable to do some logging and testing with the new and old DV :)

flashbsd

might be wirth pulling your battery neg off for a min or so and seeing if it lets the engine re-adapt :)

basstard

Dropping Cogs is Useless
Aug 24, 2002
Roma, Italia
Visit site
if the car pops then it's prolly running too rich,,, don't have a clue about 1.8Ts but maybe the dv is knackered and doesn't supply the right amount of air?

Scotty_b

Leon Cupra 300R
Jun 3, 2004
Hertfordshire
Did you use the standard pipe that comes with the guage? they tend to melt if not fitted well in the engine bay. Shouldnt be poping tho. maybe air in your cat for some reason

When you have teh Dv off make sure its all working ok (theres a guide on forges website) as you never know you may have a faulty one

Nov 2, 2004
South Wales
I had this problem when i changed mine. I got my 007 off a mate and put it on but didnt think to check it, it needed a service and the crappy hose off the top of the valve was stuffed, faryed and worn which was bent over ocluding it. Serviced it, and changed the vacuum tubing off the top of the DV and it was all good.

pickie

Jul 8, 2005
cheers for all the posts :) most appreciated , the dv seems to of settled down now, although i cant be sure but it sounds like it is still backfireing but super quite, so may just be normal engine noise, car seems to be boosting ok and from inside the cabin im sure i can hear a wooosh noise as i let of the acc from heavy exceleration :)

ill get a vag com cable soon and have a looky at the car with it

cheers all
pickie

flashbsd

sounds like its working ok then, possibly just a coincidence that you changed DV?

might be worth checking for faults as could be something like coilpacks on way out or something!

Nimbus hosting - Based solely in the UK.