Bad scratch repair

InfernalBadger

Sep 6, 2006
Berkshire
Had an 'accident' in the works car park this morning :cry:

Stupidly reversed into a large lump of concrete because it was just invisible in my mirrors :(

Here's the damage (sorry about poor quality, my phone camera is ****) :
ouch1.jpg

ouch2.jpg

Now, is there anyway to fix this to a reasonable standard without getting the whole bumper resprayed? Thinking, sanding, spray/scratch repair kit, then polishing. If not, how much does it usually cost for a decent bumper respray?

:doh:

Btw, if anybody says I need a new bumper because the scratches are too deep I'll kill them! ;)

Reg

Professional Detailer
Oct 10, 2005
Berkshire
No kit as such, but you could try the whole filling with paint then wet sanding an polishing, but I still think on an area that big it will stand out at best, and at worst look like a right old lash up.

Alternatives are a local smart repair (which would fill me with dread), or get the bumper painted, probably a couple of hundred quid at a guess.

InfernalBadger

Sep 6, 2006
Berkshire
Hmm, think I'll have to start braking really hard on motorways to try and get somebody to rear end me so I can get it done under insurance. Although knowing my luck they'd write off the car :(

You don't fancy hacking up my bumper then? ;)

Might have to take it into a bodyshop for a quote. If it's too much I think it'll be a case of leave it until I need to sell :( I'd rather get a remap :D (So I can reverse into things faster!!)

InfernalBadger

Sep 6, 2006
Berkshire
Hmm, a friend has a friend who fixes this kinda thing and is apparently very good at it and will give me a good price. So I'll give that a go (and get the dent in the gf's clio door fixed at the same time), worst case I'll be a bit out of pocket and have to get a full respray anyway, lol. Hopefully he'll do a good job and save me lots of $$$

az_mk

Ive only gone and dun it!
Apr 25, 2007
Milton keynes!
just try the touch up kits, will look better than it does at the moment? thats what i would do anyway its only 15 notes at the most

InfernalBadger

Sep 6, 2006
Berkshire
After some rain today and brushing off the dirt it doesn't look quite as bad as it did this morning, but the marks are very deep, probably right through the paint. So I'd rather get somebody who knows what they're doing to have a go than try something myself and screw it up :(

Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members