Balloon payment taken without warning

Pepper28

Jun 18, 2018
Hi all,
Posting on behalf of a friend, to see if anyone else is in the same situation.
Car finance (PCP) due to end this month, and whilst the car went in for an appraisal just before lock down began, friend hasn't heard back from Seat the outcome of this. Friend tried to call Seat and filled out contact enquiry forms and was told they would be contacted with their end of contract options.
Friend woke up today to a text from their bank saying they're overdrawn as £10k has been taken by VWFS.
Friend is unable to get hold of anyone from Seat or VWFS.
The car is parked in a secure, gated and locked car park (their work).

It seems wrong to me that they would just take this money without warning, and even more so given the pandemic and financial difficulties many people are in.

Any advice on who else they could try to contact to get a more immediate response and more importantly a refund.

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk

Bedlam

Feb 26, 2009
North Yorkshire
Hi all,
Car finance (PCP) due to end this month, and whilst the car went in for an appraisal just before lock down began, friend hasn't heard back from Seat the outcome of this. Friend tried to call Seat and filled out contact enquiry forms and was told they would be contacted with their end of contract options.
Friend woke up today to a text from their bank saying they're overdrawn as £10k has been taken by VWFS.

It seems wrong to me that they would just take this money without warning, and even more so given the pandemic and financial difficulties many people are in.

Any advice on who else they could try to contact to get a more immediate response and more importantly a refund.

As it is "unauthorised" can't he request his bank to recover the payment?

Sharpy

This place has cost me a fortune....
Oct 2, 2018
It may well be that as part of the agreement he pre-authorised the payment. That said given the situation and the fact he cannot raise them on the phone or by email I would suggest speaking to the bank.

Reactions: Bedlam

Seastormer

Cupra Leon VZ2 300/CBF1000
Apr 25, 2014
Edinburgh (Scotland)
Hi all,

That's shocking mate. hope you get it sorted out.

Pepper28

Jun 18, 2018
They've still had no contact from Seat or VWFS. They don't even know if the car finance is officially settled and they could for example sell their car on (to make/get their 10k back), or where they stand! Shocking service.

SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise