Bargain tastic!

Fraz

Jun 5, 2007
Glasgow Scotland
Allright guys n gals.

Im just back in the house from picking up a bargain.

Basically its an 8 v cupra sport 1997 model in burnt orange.

Genuine 2 nd owner and 50 k on the clock.

Been sitting for three years and started on the button with a different battery.

Needs a good clean, new discs and pads and possibly tyres all round.

All for a bargain 600 notes! ideal!

Ill get picks up once its cleaned and sorted....

Gm8

Jun 13, 2007
Glasgow
good job m8 , i picked up an8v for 300 recently , but was in a bit of a sorry state . some hard work and pennies later its looking good with a full yrs test :) get some pics up

Ant FR

Feb 15, 2005
Kent
if its been sitting for that long then the following is a must.

Coolant flush and change, brake fluid change, oil change and filter, and seeing as that fuel has been sitting there for 3yrs, i would change fuel fliter and whack a full tank of v-max through it to clean it out, a bit of redex can't hurt either.

to sum up, a little bit of love.

Fraz

Jun 5, 2007
Glasgow Scotland
Ach your a bunch of big girls!! A full tank of decent fuel should be fine, there hardly any in it...

Anyway Ill be changing everything mentioned just as part of course anyway ( its not the first time ive dragged a car out of retirement)

Ill get pics up once ive given it a going over tomorow with a spanner and hammer :D

Fraz

Jun 5, 2007
Glasgow Scotland
I might even break out the electric buff... see what weather brings tomorrow plans are pads discs radiator and a full service plus a clean and change some burst bulbs....

Fraz

Jun 5, 2007
Glasgow Scotland
heres a quick pic guys

DSC00042.jpg

so far its needed two rear brake flexis front and rear pads, new rad and number plates!

goes in for its mot tomorrow

Fraz

Jun 5, 2007
Glasgow Scotland
aye lol.. Cant believe how quickly and easy it is to change a rad on these! it even bled up fine! My mk3 golf was a nightmare ( same engine)

Anyway Its away at the garage now. Should be ok I think...

Fraz

Jun 5, 2007
Glasgow Scotland
ideal.

passed with flying colours.

adviserys were rear tyres getting abit low and the rear discs needing cleaned up abit but that will happen through use more than anything else.

Spot on.....

My first drive of her was coming back from the mot station too. mate drove it in for me. Ran well pulled hard and handled better than i remember my mk3 golf handling!

Brummy

Nazi Moderator-Bot
Mar 6, 2005
Moved to the DarkSide
ideal.

passed with flying colours.

adviserys were rear tyres getting abit low and the rear discs needing cleaned up abit but that will happen through use more than anything else.

Spot on.....

My first drive of her was coming back from the mot station too. mate drove it in for me. Ran well pulled hard and handled better than i remember my mk3 golf handling!

Result!!
:)

SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise