Battery Replacement Error Issues

Nov 25, 2021
Just replaced my battery on my MK3 Leon, purchased the following battery from eurocarparts. In hindsight this looks to be the wrong battery if I want start/stop functionality.

On replacing the battery I started up the car and received a high pitch bleep with three error message relating to the tyre pressure system, handling system and parking sensors. Weird sounds also coming from the engine bay on turning the car off. I'm assuming that from reading around this might be related to coding of the battery? Is this something that can be done by anyone or is a trip to the garage required. I'm assuming that there is no real safety issues related to driving with these error messages.

Any help would be much appreciated have to do a 2 hour trip in the next hour or so :(

Last edited:

Woody_72

May 10, 2020
Northwest England
That looks like a pretty generic battery. You need an AGM (advanced glass mat) battery ideally to use stop/start. I know VAG cars love to chuck up all sorts of weird error messages when there are battery issues. Your car is probably fine to drive. Some errors will relate to things that the car relearns itself after a battery change.

RUM4MO

Jun 4, 2008
South Scotland
Correct capacity/size, really good price - but wrong technology of battery, it might last 6 months but as said above it needs replacing with at least an EFB type of battery, which surprisingly or not, will cost quite a bit more money!

Edit:- my reply was based on the belief that your car has stop/start, if not I'm wrong. So to avoid any more wrong answers please tell us the age of your car and the engine that is in it!

Nov 25, 2021
Thanks for the replies guys. My Seat is a 2014 Leon FR 1.4 TSi.

So I've been looking for the EFB/AGM battery. Is there likely to be any benefit getting an AGM battery? Pretty sure the existing is EFB.

RUM4MO

Jun 4, 2008
South Scotland
I'd think that you should be able to survive with an EFB as that was what SEAT sent these cars out with, most people wanting to change/upgrade to AGM on battery "end of life" will be doing so for their reasons/experiences and buying a quality battery cheaply. That is what I have done for my wife's 2015 Polo, but so far I have not fitted the slightly larger capacity AGM in place of the EFB as changing the battery serial number has extended the life of the original battery, I was just planning on playing safe when the charging characteristics suddenly changed (I have been keeping a eye on this just in case - and just in case actually happened - I bought a cheap 12V DVM that plugs into the 12V DC power socket.

Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.