BBC F1 Commentary team revealed?

ZBOYD

Looking up at the stars!
May 19, 2001
Cheshire
www.seatcupra.net
Well according to Pitpass. The BBC has finalised its team of presenters for its coverage of Formula 1 from next year, it has been claimed, with Martin Brundle and David Coulthard on the bill – but no James Allen, Steve Rider or Mark Blundell.

With the BBC set to reclaim the rights to broadcast F1 from ITV in 2009 – on a five-year contract – it has been revealed by Pitpass that the presenting team will be composed of ITV-F1 favourite Brundle alongside BBC Radio Five Live stalwart Jonathan Legard in the commentary booth, retiring Red Bull Racing ace Coulthard and Jake Humphrey fronting the programme in the studio and Lee McKenzie reprising the roles of Louise Goodman and Ted Kravitz as pit-lane reporter.

Craig Senior

I've been Tango'd
May 24, 2004
Yorkshire
Seems like a good line-up.

The commentery team should work well and I'm sure DC will be entertaining.

Not too sure about the ex childrens TV presenter athough he does have experience with MOTD and the Olympics recently.

Don't look up Lee McKenzie in google images with "safe search" switched off though. There are either 2 people with the same name or she has an alternative career:whistle:

FSiLeonMike

Barmy Army Reservist (TA)
Apr 26, 2007
Bury St Edmunds/Stowmarket-ish
.........Don't look up Lee McKenzie in google images with "safe search" switched off though. There are either 2 people with the same name or she has an alternative career:whistle:

OK, being a bloke, i went out of my way to do the image search with safety turned off.

Now, I reckon, if "the other" Lee McKenzie were to be a presenter, wearing some of the gear she wears for her "other job", male viewing figures may well increase.

Wonder if the Beeb would go for that on a Sunday afternoon.?

WeeJase

pert
Jun 2, 2001
Well according to Pitpass. The BBC has finalised its team of presenters for its coverage of Formula 1 from next year, it has been claimed, with Martin Brundle and David Coulthard on the bill – but no James Allen, Steve Rider or Mark Blundell.

With the BBC set to reclaim the rights to broadcast F1 from ITV in 2009 – on a five-year contract – it has been revealed by Pitpass that the presenting team will be composed of ITV-F1 favourite Brundle alongside BBC Radio Five Live stalwart Jonathan Legard in the commentary booth, retiring Red Bull Racing ace Coulthard and Jake Humphrey fronting the programme in the studio and Lee McKenzie reprising the roles of Louise Goodman and Ted Kravitz as pit-lane reporter.

they telling us lies already?

MarkE

Acceptable in the 80s
Jul 20, 2003
Lancaster
www.markeaston.org
they telling us lies already?

Seems they've rewritten the dictionary as follows :

ace (n) : One for whom the highlights of a far-from-glittering career include spinning on the parade lap after his first pole position, and crashing into the pit wall at low speed on his way in to the pits. He will frequently have been described as "disappointing" and will, in the latter stages of his career, have developed an inability to use his mirrors.

Previous Formula 1 "aces" have included Taki Inoue and Michael Andretti

He'll probably be quite good as a commentator, though.

orca

Aug 30, 2004
N Kent
www.bdmlr.org.uk
He has trouble with his mirrors cos i have one of them. the one that had been put on his red bull with the wrong fixing anad it drooped. Currently living in my bedroom!!!!

I actually thought the bit of presenting work he did the othr week was a bit lame. But I'm sure he will get some coaching. Hope they bring back Muzzer for the Brit race!! He has said he is up for it

Jul 17, 2004
West Lothian
The ex-CBBC guy annoys me. Not sure why, he just does something to irritate me. :p DC will be a good pundit, he's not afraid to hold back. Just finished his book, really funny read. Lee McKenzie's a good interviewer from what I've seen of her on Speed Sunday and A1GP. Always liked Brundle from when he was a driver.

Ol' Timer

Jun 20, 2004
Norfolk
It's strange that Jonathan Legard is involved as he used to present F1 on Five Live but gave it up to move to football. He was replaced by David Croft and Maurice Hamilton, who, I assume will remain at Five Live.

ZBOYD

Looking up at the stars!
May 19, 2001
Cheshire
www.seatcupra.net
I'm sort of taking this with a pinch of salt at the moment, hence why i used the ? in the title. The source is Pitpass which is a bit of rumour mill by all accounts.

So I'll wait and see when the official BBC line is. Richard Hammond was linked to it a while back too.