Bell autos remap at York!!

Jamesemt

Oct 10, 2004
Hull
Just had an excellent remap :) :) :) :) :) :)

I just can't stop grinning. Pete is a friendly, articulate bloke who really knows his stuff. Unlike a lot of larger well known mappers, he actually writes his own code. If anyone is thinking of getting a remap done, then don't hesitate.

The beauty of his remap is that everything is changeable - I had four map tweaks before I was fully happy - he is able to tailor the map to your driving style. We started off with a 'middleing' map (his words) which then got turned down at the bottom and up at the top!!

I have an aggressive style which entails a lot of full throttle from low revs (aka clutch killer :lol: ) so my map was tailored to not come in too hard low down.

I cannot recommend this guy enough - I am very wary about whom I trust my car with...and I'm only running 2psi more than standard, but by god does it fly.:clap:

Another word of advice - I thought I wanted an aggressive map, but found that traction is a real issue (Pete reckoned there is plenty more to give in my map, should I desire it). I wonder what the Beeza would be like with legal slick tires, uprated clutch and a really aggressive remap...

You either get a generic map and drive around it (ie baby it at low revs), or get one customised for the way you drive...

Just my thoughts BTW, I know I'm a noob and don't wish to upset anyone :whistle:

Last edited:

Bunglebonce

Bunglebonce
Jan 21, 2005
The Blackcountry
Hi mate,
two questions here as I'm toying with the idea:

a) is it switchable

ii) did they let you test drive it to see if the clutch slipped before you piad up

3) how much did it cost

Cheers
B

Jamesemt

Oct 10, 2004
Hull
Hi, to answer your questions:

1 - it is switchable, but you need to go back to them (its all free). Supposedly switchable systems can apparently still be read by the dealer as there is evidence...

2 - I had four test drives - he will even take the latop and lead out with you on the test route, and do any mods on the fly(nice long national speed limit sections too). I even phoned him and went back later on in the day - its no bother to him as he writes everything and can make the adjustments on the fly (ie it's only his time you are using). I cannot over-emphasise how much fine tuning he'll let you do. If you are worried about clutch slip - specify that with the remap. As he says, he'll give you anthing you ask for!! AND if you are not hapy, just go back a few days/weeks/months later for a free map tweak!! Yep he really is that good!!!

3 - Mine was £295 - worth every penny.

If you do go to Pete, tell him James from Hull recommended him

bellautos

Thanks for the post m8, glad to here your more than happy .

@Bunglebonce What car do you have m8 ??

bellautos

£245 for a 130 & 150 PD EDC15 remap on that car for forum members.

The newer type ecu&cars from 2005 onwards are more money to remap due to the fact that it takes longer to do the modifications in the file.