Best 'hidden' tricks

markmeus

Mark Graham
Jun 9, 2007
Banbridge, Northern Ireland
If you want to activate coming home function (cars with auto lights) you have to turn the engine off and flash the lights. Then when you pull the key out of the ignition the lights come on and stay on for the allotted time set on the MFD (i.e. 30 seconds) even if you lock the car.

Can be handy if you're in somewhere which is pitch black.

No idea why you have to flash the lights, but you do.

Another tip is if you have vag-com and set the coming home lights to the front fogs, they will come on automatically when the door is opened. (works on facelift cars)

CharlySkunkweed

Aug 10, 2014
Northern Ireland
What style of radio do you have? The Ibiza style one, or the RCD310 that looks like the VW Golf radio.
The RCD310 can definitely do bluetooth audio streaming, mine did, but I'm not sure if the Ibiza style one did.

Ibiza style:

RCD310

Neither :)
I have the touch screen one (which u would think did everything) if you go by the book it says "the bluetooth option is not available , disable in the menu" . So basically I can select bluetooth as a sorce but it pops up "not supported" and if I disable it in the menu it just removes it from the soure options !

Why have an option if it doesn't do anything !:wtf:

ZiggyEP3

Jan 28, 2013
UK
That would make more sense. I always forget to flash (my lights:whistle:) before I get out , and by then its too late.

I just double press the unlock button if I'm outside the car and need a few seconds of more time with the headlights on. The headlights come on just fine for the time needed

Danny-

Jan 2, 2013
Peterborough, Uk
I had a friend code Vag Com to leave lights on for 10 seconds after turning engine off. As long as the lights are on auto it works. Not sure how he did it lol

Daniel M

Blackbelts & Chickenheads
Apr 18, 2013
Middlesbrough
Dont your lights stay on when its dark anyway, when the switch is on Auto? You dont need Vag-com/VCDS as its done through the MFD? Unless you have the small MFD then it would make sense lol

Danny-

Jan 2, 2013
Peterborough, Uk
Not when i take the key out. I have to flash the lights first.
My mate changed it so when i turned the car off without flashing the lights they stayed on for 10 secs.
Handy when i have to close the gets etc.

Daniel M

Blackbelts & Chickenheads
Apr 18, 2013
Middlesbrough
Ah mine stay on even when I take the key out. I have mine set for 40 seconds. Its amazing how many people tell me I've left my lights on too.

leeds/lee

Oct 29, 2014
www.facebook.com
I have 62 facelift leon fr, how do i get my mirrors to fold automatically when locking car.

I can fold them when im in the car by the switch.

Sent from my iPhone 9 from a time machine

IanBoca

Aug 10, 2014
Leeds
If youput the switch in the fold position they should just go up, ill have a look tomorrow night if not

Mar 13, 2008
Suffolk
Mines a FL FR, if I leave the headlights on ( no autolights) get out the car and lock it, they stay on for 20-30 seconds. It's nice to have.

Luke

Feb 6, 2014
Lincoln
Mines a FL FR, if I leave the headlights on ( no autolights) get out the car and lock it, they stay on for 20-30 seconds. It's nice to have.

Luke

Just like my pre facelift. Useful as you can't drain the battery by leaving the lights on!

SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise