Bits and pieces you may or may not want.

Fraser87

Mar 3, 2017
Right guys just gonna try adding a few pics of small things I have stuck on the car that you may be interested in. be warned this is gonna be a long one and Please excuse the fact some of the item are in need of a clean. I will attemp to give you a quick description as well as the pictures. I have no idea what order the pictures will appear in so I will go in the order that I added each thing to the car.

First up was a blind spot mirror purchased through amazon which fits great with the lines of the stock wing mirror as I hated the small round ones. It does slightly add to the angle of vision but not as much as perhaps the less attractive options. It does however stick like glue and can tilt up and down which can be handy for spotting those pesky corners or lines when parking. Rest assured however they are stiff enough not to move of their own accord.
https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B003UTJ5Y0/ref=oh_aui_search_detailpage?ie=UTF8&psc=1

After those I then found some pretty cool little paddle shift extensions which although not entirely necessary do make it so that shifting up or down is far easier in when cornering as they are easier to reach from several positions in which you may find your hands on the steering wheel. They are made from a well finished aluminium (as that is how the civilized world spells it) and come in silver and black. The black as you will see has exposed silver edges which is very nice. they fit very well with the standard paddles and the supplied 3m pad works great.
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Seat-Leon...hash=item281c41d169:m:mmh1m9lyDEjT4Tnd1pv67iw

Next up was my half custom made rubber mats. These were simply heavy duty rubber mats ordered from any good custom mat supplier. I went with rubber as we have terrible weather most of the time here in Scotland and I got sick of replacing carpet ones. the problem then however being a tall driver was that I have always noticed wear on the area of carpet usually covered by the seat. to the extent of a small whit nub sort of thing had began to protrude through a weakened area of the carpet. I remedied this by cutting up some old mats to the correct shape removing the fixing points of the rubber ones and lining up the holes with the old mats before reinserting the fixing disks. I added some basic rubber trim off amazon round the edges to help finish the look and am quite pleased with the end product. I am now however considering embroidery options for the carpet portion. This is not something most of you will probably have any need for or even desire just thought I'd share as I wish I had done it on day one to preserve the carpet.

Lastly however you are all going to want the foot rest. I seen it in another Thread some time ago and then lost focus on it several times as didn't quite see any concrete answer on it fitting the leon before finding it on a Skoda website and ultimately buying from aliexpress to find out for myself. It is officially geared to a right hand drive Skoda But I took a chance on it and it looks vastly superior to the plain black stock option. Looking at it you could probably argue that is for a car with a clutch as it does leave a larger free space than stock on the dsg so I think it should work well on both manual and dsg. A few notes on fitting would be that it does leave a small area of carpet exposed which would be previously covered by the stock option and that it is a very snug fit so be patient if and when fitting. In my haste I did break off the top clip inside but the screw hole remains in the same position and the same screw inserts back in perfectly so its nice and secure as long as you don't break the bottom clip. For sake of clarity this is a total swap for the entire piece of black plastic which constitutes the foot rest it is not a cover and as such looks better but you may wish to retain the original should you have and kind of lease deal.
https://www.aliexpress.com/store/pr...dals-Car-pedal-Cover/1797079_32433307485.html

Ok Fellas Once again actually getting a photo app to work well across platforms is proving to be a task I'll post pictures if you want to see them through my phone in this thread. You will get pictures of most of the things I mentioned anyway at the respective links.

Nimbus hosting - Based solely in the UK.